PDA

View Full Version : Friend goes to Fortune teller

tt
29-08-05, 01:13
I never would go to a fortune teller for the reason of hearing things and being worried of the what if's.
I had a friend go to the physic and was told she would have good health but she would have a close girlfriend that will battle cancer.
Now of course, she has a few friends but , I am one of them.
NOW, I am a little freaked out!
Does anyone really feel they can be accurate?

TT")

TT:)

kate
29-08-05, 09:19
Hi tt,

Personally I think it is all a load of old c**p! How on earth can anyone predict the future???

Put this to the back of your mind and don't dwell on it any more.

Kate x

Parker
29-08-05, 09:58
I really wouldn't worry about it.

I went to a fortune teller once who told be I would have a very successful career, and earn oodles of money......I'm still waiting :D

Laurie28
29-08-05, 12:11
I went to one recently who said

I can see you with a little tiara and ballet pumps on

Did you ever go to dance classes etc - she went on like that for ages until she finally got out of me that I was a bridesmaid at my sisters weddng and I MIGHT wear a tiara - I mean COME ON!!!

She also thought I swam alot (competing etc) I told her no - after alot of questions (all answers were no) she finally asked me if I had EVER been swimming!! I mean COME ON!!

Take it all with a pinch of salt. I believe there are some 'GIFTED' people about but more often than not they are trying to make a fast buck

Just my opinion

nomorepanic
29-08-05, 12:41
TT

I bet she never gave a timescale either. It could be a close friend when your mate was in her 70's - who knows eh?

I would forget about it ok? Not worth worrying over.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

henri
29-08-05, 13:28
Hi TT,
I would seriously not worry about this. In January of this year, I was feeling like my life was sort of not going in the right direction and i didn't know what to do. Someone recommended a fortune teller who was meant to be properly psychic... anyway, i went to see her and she told me that 2005 was going to be a fantastic year for me... a couple of weeks after going to see her i had my first panic attack and it's been pretty grim ever since.
So don't give it another second's thought... it's all a load of rubbish!
Henri x

sadie
29-08-05, 13:54
Hi TT,

This year I called a psychic line when I was feeling very low and stressed and I was just looking for answers to help me feel welll ( silly I know). The woman I spoke to told me something scary about my health and which frightened the life out of me.... and still does to a lesser extent to this day. Instead of making me feel better she made me feel 100% worse... I know regret 100% for calling!

I am a firm believer in gifted psychics but to me proper psychics would not tell anyone anything that would scare them or upset them in any way. I do have a psychic in my area that I trust and respect and did have to get a reading again just to calm me down..... I wish I had went to her instead of the psychic line.

My advice to you is to relax and forget about it as the chances of it being true or even you are slim..... Focus more on looking after you 100% and getting well.

Take care

sadie

seh1980
29-08-05, 15:11
Don't worry about it TT!! They really do say all sorts - a bunch of rubbish..:D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

carlin
29-08-05, 15:52
Hi there,
I am sorry you are upset by this 'fortune teller' these type of people are in it for the money, they are cruel, insensitive and i would love to come face to face with one!!!!!! Please try to forget and relax a little, take care.

stormy
03-09-05, 22:02
fortune teller, well if thats the name they used then dont take any of it in.
divination experts, like tarot readers, mediums etc, cant tell the future but can guide, i know a few divination experts myself. and also read the cards. and they arnt just in it for the money, infact the ones i know dont charge. but they only advise about the the question they have been asked.
trouble in in these sorts of cases, like anything you only hear the stories about the bad ones. and not the good ones, who would say that this 'fortune teller' was way off and shouldnt be doing it.

any way back to the problem tt (hugs)
saying that a freind wil get cancer, that could be a very long way in the future it could be when your friend is in her 60s. and in most cases probally wouldnt happen. but if you have any fears about cancer i would have a bloodtest and get it checked out just to put your mind at rest. but like i said i can say you have nothing to worry about.
i would advise anyone who sufers from anziety not to seek that sort of advise anyway. unless they have real reason to see one.

x stormy

GAD
03-09-05, 23:03
hi tt

i wouldnt worry at all as i think most of these people are very clever at playing on the odds from tiny snippets of information they pick up from the person they are reading. the information may seem amazing and unbelievable most of the time but so does paul daniels and we all know that hes not realy magic.

Michellex

jill
03-09-05, 23:51
Hi tt

I know its hard but try not to worry.
These people are supposed to be gifted.
The only gift this one has got is the gift
of the gab [:P]
Take know notice, its all rubbish.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

eeyorelover
04-09-05, 06:42
Well I went to one years ago - have no idea why but I did.
And she said I would marry a wealthy man and have 1 child.
I have 4 children and BELIEVE me my husband is far from wealthy.
If you ask me - it's all a bunch of wooey !!!

Sandy
(eeyorelover)

stormy
05-09-05, 01:51
ah but did you think he was rich when you married him lol.

only my pals know my logic

Adrian
26-12-07, 02:12
I advise you to ignore fortune tellers, mediums etc who are invariably clever people who are able to identify your insecurities for the purpose of capitalizing on them. They will not solve your problems. Stick with health care professionals, personal friends, and people on this site. Be strong, (that may seem an easy answer when you're really down); those who offer answers from never-never land have no interests in you. Peace in the valley.

joannap
26-12-07, 12:06
hi guys - i found these posts very interesting as i actually read fortunes for a living! i have always known i had some sort of gift since a child and have also had some very spooky experiences. HOWEVER - a genuine psychic NEVER PREDICTS illnesses/death - it is unethical and like many have said - predictions are not set in stone - what one sees are probabilities. predictions also require some sort of action on the person having the reading done. you may be given predictions that coould have come true but that you missed the opportunities etc - this is because we all have free will. Psychics are never 100% accurate either but the genuine ones amongst us can guide and help people and give them hope when their life feels out of control.

for those of you who totally rubbish psychic's (and i don;t take offence lol as i don;t feel the need to defned what i do!) i did a reading for a man the other day using the tarot - he had a lady in his cards and he wanted to know more. i focused on the card and got churches and stained glass windows, links to america and the word "bohemian".

considering i do readings over the internet and only use a person's name and date of birth - that's all i know about them - this man got in touch to say he had met a lady whilst overseas - she was a tourist guide and the first place she showed him was a beautiful church with huge stained glass windows. he was staying at a hotel called "bohemian" at the time and although they were in a european country - the place where he was staying had an american theme and every night he ate at "route 66". this is more than co-incidence - don't ask me how it works exactly because i don;t know myself!

however - predictions regarding illness/death - these psychics are unethical, probably not genuine - a genuine reading would certainly NEVER make you worried - it should leave you with a sense of optimism about the future.

Dying_Swan
26-12-07, 14:10
'ello :)

I'm afraid I'm an utter cynic. I'd not give it a second thought if I were you. Like Nigel said, most of us know someone who has battled with Cancer. When you think that 1 in 3 of us get it, it's a pretty sure thing for her to place her bets on. That doesn't mean YOU will get it!

I'm not trying to offend anyone who's into Psychic interpretations etc...just that it isn't right to frighten people like that.

Please try to forget it - it's only scaremongering xxx :flowers:

chalky
26-12-07, 17:45
Hi TT,

Please go back to the Fortune Teller.Ask her for next week's Lottery numbers.If she's right about them,believe in her.
Best wishes,
Chalky

joannap
26-12-07, 20:49
hi chalky

i'm afraid fortune telling doesn't work like that! that's another misconception about psychics - if only it were that easy! genuine fortune telling links in with your intuition/higher consciousness and gives what you need to know in order for you to make your own decisions in life.

dying swan - it is easy to be a cynic when unexplainable things have not happened to you but all i would say to anyone is that there are much more things out there than we can physically see and hear - scary for anxiety sufferers (myself included!) because we like things to be in black and white and fear that which we don;t understand. fortune telling has enriched my life no end and given me faith that there is something beyond this physical world. however - i do agree with what you say - health statistics show that 1 in 3 of us will suffer with cancer and we don;t let this over frighten us so don't let the prediction of this fortune teller - who may not be genuine - have the power to frighten you.

chalky
26-12-07, 21:08
Hi Joannap,
The wonderful thing about this site is that we can radically disagree yet not fall out.I am glad that you have had positive experiences during your inter-action with fortune telllers.My opinion of them is based on the experiences of friends who were less than convinced by theirs.
Just as in any walk of life there are good and bad,the same may be true of fortune tellers.I do worry that those of us with anxiety issues are more at danger than most in interacting with such people.
I respect entirely your opinion and your right to hold it.
Best wishes,
Chalky

joannap
26-12-07, 21:34
hi chalky - thanks and likewise!!!! hope you have a good new year. x

Dying_Swan
27-12-07, 00:47
Hi Joanna.

I hope I didn't offend you :ohmy: I'm a cynic in most areas of life to be honest.

I totally respect your opinion - fortune telling is not something I know much about, and I try to keep an open mind about the great 'unknown'. It's just that I could probably look at someone and tell them they'd have a friend who'd battle cancer....it's a pretty high probability...and I am a very long way from being psychic!

Anyway....I think it's great that you enjoy what you do and find it helps you, and I am sure many others.

Happy New Year :flowers: xxx

joannap
27-12-07, 20:28
hi dying swan - no offence taking at all - it would be boring if we all believed in the same stuff lol!