PDA

View Full Version : anyone else feel like this ?

SQUIDDLYDIDDLY
20-05-09, 17:18
I have been taking citalopram 20 mgs for a week now, and today i feel like sh** i have very clamy hands i feel moody and argumentative and i am lost in thought about stuff thats not helping. I feel strangely ill,i am considering going home from work, feel very sleepy too. I have been told by GP to take time off work and by counciler, i get made redundant at christmas but i am worried about future employers and sickness ! I feel bad that i have got myself to this point taking anti depressants, should i just pull my self together and "get on with it " as gf says.
Steve

suzy-sue
20-05-09, 17:41
should i just pull my self together and "get on with it " as gf says.
Steve[/quote]
If only that was possible,none of us would be here,That sort of remark is usual from people who have never experienced this sort of problem.Your feeling horrible due to the side effects of your medication,they can make you feel worse before you start to feel better ,Taking time off work would probably be the best thing if you are finding it hard to work.Theres no shame in taking medication.you take it for every thing else ,stop being so hard on yourself.Your meds will kick in propperly in 4-6 weeks and your side effects will only be at there worst for about two weeks.Theres plenty of support and info on the Citalopram forum under Medication,All the best Sue:hugs:

SQUIDDLYDIDDLY
20-05-09, 19:00
Thanks Sue, i feel better having joined here but still feel consciuos of letting out my feelings and problems even here !

suzy-sue
20-05-09, 20:11
Thats perfectly normal ,but thats one of the good things about this site.There will always be someone here who has felt and gone through what you are experiencing. Keep posting ,its good to talk through your problems,no one knows you and you will make some good friends who will support and understand you.By the way :welcome: .To NMP .All the best Sue x

deb-22
21-05-09, 15:10
I too have started citalopram and cannot tolerate it the side effects were horrid my gp recomends therapy now so im going to give that a try i feel better knowing im not the only one suffering