PDA

View Full Version : 20 yr lad with Anxeity ,help !!

braderz
20-05-09, 17:54
HI PEOPLE

I SUFFER PANIC ATTACKS ALL THE TIME,IVE HAD TO LEAVE WORK DUE TO IT BEING SUCH A PROBLEM ! ITS ONLY WHEN IM OWT IN PUBLIC PLACES I START TO FEEL FUNNY ETC, BUT AT HOME IM FINE

THIS HAS BEEN GOIN ON FOR YEARS NOW , AND I HAVE BEEN ON AND OFF WITH ANXEITY AND DEPRESSION FOR 7 YEARS NOW , IT' RUINS MY LIFE !:weep:

ALSO MY PROPRANONOL TABLETS JUST DONT WORK ANYMORE ,DOES ANYBODY NO ANY WAYS OF PREVENTING THE ATTACKS ,THAT ACTUALLY WORKS,WOULD BE A GREAT HELP THANKS XXX BRADERZ XXX :shades:

12ema
20-05-09, 19:23
Heyy:) ..

im having similar problems to you an have also put up with this for 7years! Its just soo hard going anywhere im always on edge waiting for the panic to kick in.It just seems to control everywhere you go an everything you do. But i think the only way to get over this is to confront it and realise that it cannot harm you no matter how much you panic.Easier said than done tho lol. xX

starlady
20-05-09, 20:34
Hi Brad, I get panic attacks when outside.....im ok when in the house. Iv been listening to glen harold relaxation and self confidence cds which are really helping me get through it at the min. I also take bach remedies which deal with emotions theres diff ones for diff emotions. I also start walking fast before a p.a...........so iv been walking a lot slower than usual if i can. Take care. Ang x

honey/hosty
21-05-09, 05:14
Hi brad. i Get panic attack to, when i in shop, i had to give up work, due to anx and depression and panic, if your tablets are not working for you brad i would advice you to go, back to your , doctor and tell him, may but you on new ones, i've suffer with it for 14years it not nice so i feel for you. hope things get better for you take care honey x

Annguitar
24-05-09, 15:03
Hi Brad,

I wish I could tell you something that works, I've done everything even fire walking to confront my fears and even though I know I tackled that I get so anxious I can at worst barely go from one room to another. But the only way is to face it when it starts to grip you, relax down a bit with breathing exercises and believe in yourself that you can face these things. Its not easy, I'm not there yet either. I've found when I feel happy within myself I could tackle anything, so maybe something to do with changing your physiology might help - something that gives you a bit of fun and then remember and focus on it in your memory when you feel the anxiety creeping in. Work triggers mine as I had to change jobs due to stress and now I've not got a job though I went to some that weren't suitable for various reasoons. I think I feel its bad not to have a job because I've worked for 30 years and maybe its ok to have time off and find a job that suits. Its just trying to square it in your mind. Maybe there's something that is a deep rooted worry that you need to discover? Something that triggers your attacks? Just a suggestion. I'm going to try and not worry so much but I hate this too and wish I was the old me again. Good luck with finding something that works for you. I wish I could be more helpful.

Ann