PDA

View Full Version : any experiences?

hayles01
20-05-09, 18:57
hi :) ive been suffering from health anxiety for about 7 years now and been taking citalopram for about 4 years. well after a couple of years i stopped taking the citalopram because i felt it wasnt doing anything for me, however after a few months it came back full force and so went back on the citalopram even though i was just taking them a couple of times a week, the doctor told me to stop taking them as there was no point and im 15 weeks pregnant, so i havent taken them now for over 2 weeks and went back to the docs today as the anxiety is getting bad again so she wants me to take 20mg fluoxetine as also they are better for pregnant women. im scared to change tablets though :weep: as i hate taking tablets anyway and im worried about the different effects of different ones will have on me, does anyone have any experience with changing meds (inparticular these ones)? i want to take them because i cant stand the anxiety :weep: but im so scared im going to have a bad reaction if i change! (dont ask me why i think i will i just do lol). any advice will be greatly appreciated :) thanks.

nomorepanic
20-05-09, 19:33
Hi

I just checked and there are 6 posts in this forum about swapping between these meds:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=51