PDA

View Full Version : here by accident...but glad i found this site

kat_x
20-05-09, 19:46
Hi everyone, somehow stumbled onto this site whilst looking up information about propranalol.

I've suffered with depression and anxiety for approximately 6yrs now, but have to say its more the anxiety that controls my day to day life more than anything.

I think it first began due to overwork and i just had a 'mental breakdown'. Went into work one day, switched the pc on and then burst into tears (my then husband had to come pick me up). It's taken 3yrs since then for me to even switch a pc on!!

It got so bad i wouldn't go out of the house, answer the phone, door, go to my friends or parents house, or even look after my horse (who i love to pieces). :weep:

Anyway without going into way too much detail, i saw this forum and thought now here's somewhere i can relate to and somewhere i can maybe help others suffering with similar problems.

So anyone with info on propranolol or any other topics or just a chat feel free to give me a shout

Take care everyone...kat...xxx :welcome:

lorac
20-05-09, 20:01
Hi

Welcome to the site, glad you found us. There is alot of good advice on here and you will get much support from people who really understand.

Take care

Carol

mingsy
20-05-09, 20:02
:welcome: Hi Kat
Well all I can say is SNAP lol.
I found this site a Godsend, and I hope you will too, everybody is really helpful . I am well on the road to recovery now and I'm back working. I have tried propananol a few years ago but didn't work for me. If you would like to talk feel free to PM me.:hugs:

kat_x
20-05-09, 20:24
Did you put on weight with propananol, because when i was prescribed escitalopram i put on over 3stone in 12months...plus they made me sick every day and made me very aggressive, infact it ended my marriage...i don't want this to happen with propananol so as you can imagine i'm a bit reluctant to take them...xxx

mingsy
21-05-09, 14:09
:D Hi kate
No weight gain with propananol the opposite infact lost 3st in 6 months, but I think that was caused by the anxiety, I'm unable to eat when anxious, propananol just didn't help with the anxiety. I am on seroxat which I know doesn't work for everyone,but I went went through loads of different anti D drugs which I had some horrendous side effects with till I found seroxat. I think sometimes its just trial and error if you want to go down the road of drugs, but what i am sure of there is help out there, sometimes you just have to keep pushing, whether it is with GPs, counselling, pys's.
Good Luck:hugs: