PDA

View Full Version : wish i never started propranolol

jaymv83
21-05-09, 00:42
been taking propranolol 80mg s/r capsules for last few months but had the dose reduced as my heart rate went too slow, i'm now worried that my heart will stop but i've got to take my time coming off them, my new dose is 4x 10mg daily

xfilme
21-05-09, 01:01
what are you taking them for?

Hollytree
21-05-09, 01:06
Hey hunny,

What are taking this for, as there are many conditions it is used for.

I don't think your heart will just stop! i have taken Propranolol in the past for anxiety, and had no problems reducing the dose.

Have you tried asking your doctor about this or even ringing up your nearest chemist and ask to speak to the pharmacist, they will be able to help you more and perhaps ease your fear.

xxhugsxx

jaymv83
21-05-09, 01:33
i'm taking them for anxiety, my doctor wanted to take me off them but i had to make him aware of the fact that i need to slowly come off them. He doesn't seem to know alot about Anxiety

Jaco45er
21-05-09, 07:16
Hi mate

I take them on a "when needed" basis. I might take one or two a month just for those tense situations.

My heart rate is on 60 BPM at rest without them, but can drop to 50 BPM when I take one, so I wouldn't worry mate.

One thing I did notice though if I took them regular is, they didn't half make me lethargic.

TC

Jaco

Thumbelina
21-05-09, 08:07
I was taking them as well for encreases heart rate and for slightly high BP

When extreme anxiety was fading away the BP became normal and the heart rate as well.

I was more worried about the BP which was automatically encreasing it and giving the high heart rate. I was also constantly checking BP. I realised later that I was encreasing it myself by thinking about it too much.

We are the rullers of our feelings.

I reduced the tabs as well slowly and got read of them. Actually complitelly forgot that I was taking them 2 years ago, untill you reminded me. :)

Take care, it