PDA

View Full Version : Update and results after my op...

Peggysl
21-05-09, 08:45
Good Morning Everyone

I can't wait to share my news......

After a really horrible 6 months and a nasty operation to remove the upper right hand lobe from my lung, I fanally have some results.

Not cancer, but TB!

I have really been to hell and back, still in a lot of pain and still have the drain coming out of my back but I feel like dancing!
I will need some treatment and I am sure my family will have to be checked out too but you cannot imagine the relief as I had been totally prepared for a cancer dignosis. In fact, no-one was more suprised than the Surgeon. By the time I went into surgery on 8th May, all my paperwork stated 'probable cancer', which had changed from 'possible cancer' when I went in for a biopsy.

Thank you all for your support and great messages!

Never, ever give up!

Love Pegs XXX

maddie
21-05-09, 09:00
:yahoo: Congratulations!! :hugs:

My ex-hubby got TB whilst we were abroad. All the family was checked, including our then 10 month old daughter. Everyone was clear. He has recovered fully. He's retired and spends most of his days walking the golf course. I'm sure you will all be fine.

:yesyes: Great news!

MOJO
21-05-09, 09:04
Congratulations Peggy!:yesyes:

I am so pleased for you. The relief must be huge!!!

I havn't posted on any of your threads before, but I have followed your story.

Good luck for the future I am sure you will soon be fit and well again.:hugs:

Thumbelina
21-05-09, 09:26
Great news,

I also have somebody distant in my family who recovered few months ago from TB
It is treatable and there are different forms as well.

You will be fine!!!

lorac
21-05-09, 10:09
That's amazing and really good news Peggy TB is treatable and you will recover now.

I am so pleased, not that you have TB, but that it is something that is treatable.

Carol x

kittykat
21-05-09, 10:23
That's fantastic news, the relief will be immense. So now its a case of getting the TB treated and you'll be fine, but can I just say you've been fantastic throughout this with your positive outlook you should be very proud of yourself,xxxxxxxxx

Peggysl
21-05-09, 10:37
Thank you Everyone.
I know it sound ridiculous, but I am delighted to have TB!

I have only been back in the UK for 18 months, after living in South Africa for 38 years, so I wonder how long it's been lurking?
In fact my Dad had TB when I was 17....29 years ago, so who knows? We were all tested at the time, but it's a real problem in Africa all the time.

Now I want to just get better and get on with my life.
I'm so exhausted from this awful journey...

Love Pegs XX

Mondie
21-05-09, 10:57
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

My friend had TB and the doctors took 6 months to diagnose it, they thought it was cancer too. I guess it is so unusual in this country to get it, s it's not in their foreminds??

Anyhoo I digress, am SO pleased for you that you have got an answer finally and it's not what you were gearing yourself up for.

I also think that you have been amazing throughout this and are a really inspiration to many on these boards and for that I thank you Pegs!!

Rachael x

:yesyes:

lorac
21-05-09, 11:02
I too would like to comment on your positive attitude Pegs, you have been so brave and so positive you are a credit to yourself

Carol xxx

angietomjimandcass
21-05-09, 11:19
Glad your feeling better, rest hun you deseve it xx

Trish
21-05-09, 12:40
I'm dancing for you Pegs!!:yesyes: :yahoo:

What a wonderful relief for you hun, i'm delighted for you, you have been sooooooo brave....a true inspiration to us all:yesyes:

Hugs:bighug1:

Trish xx

justbananas
21-05-09, 14:21
i could cry i was so happy to read this! you've been in my thoughts and prayers and so glad you are going to be ok!!!!!!!!!!!! LOTS OF LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

krista

amandaj
21-05-09, 15:28
so glad your ok my dad has had a tb scar on his lung for 60 years he is 82 , so glad your ffelling better

amandaxx

Peggysl
21-05-09, 16:19
Thank you all again and again.

This site kept me going....what a rock!
Oh, and I won't be leaving here in a hurry......although I am not stressing, I feel like we are a big family!

I am not up to partying yet...still too damn sore, But intend to rip the ring out of it on the first chance I get...

Love To All
Pegs XXX

PoppyC
21-05-09, 16:29
Hi Peggy!
I am so pleased for you that it is not cancer. :) I know you are still unwell with TB and I feel for you having that, but at least its not cancer and you can recover.
You have been through such a tough time and I hope you start to recover and feel much better soon.:flowers::hugs:

mick_uk
21-05-09, 16:43
Great news Pegs
:roflmao:

Reggie
21-05-09, 17:35
Thank you Everyone.
I know it sound ridiculous, but I am delighted to have TB!

It isn't every day when you can jump for joy saying "yayy I've got TB!!". :yesyes::yahoo::cloud9::emot-highfive:

So glad it wasn't what you were fearing and that you can recover from this.

Great news. :flowers:

Reggie -x-

the_nub
21-05-09, 18:14
This is tremendous!!! Well done! I haven't written to you before but I followed your thread...just wanted to say well done and that it must be so exciting to suddenly feel so free!!

YAY! :D

lindzanne
21-05-09, 19:19
I haven't talked to you before here, but have been following your experience and am SO HAPPY for you! Congratulations on your great news!!!!!:yahoo:

Peggysl
22-05-09, 07:43
Thanks yet again, Guys!

Strange how this awful experience started in October last year with a baaaad panic attack....
That's what they called it, anyway.

Love Pegs XX

kate
22-05-09, 16:20
I have been checking here everyday to see if you had got your results and I'm so, so pleased for you :D

Kate

jojo2316
23-05-09, 12:49
Oooooh pegs I am so delighted and relieved!! So good things do happen after all ........... Hooray!!! Xxxxxxxx.

amu
23-05-09, 17:59
Pegs, love you, that is so fantastic, you wouldn't believe how much we all wished for a similar diagnosis! It must be such a relief, especially after reading the "probable lung cancer" thing :huh: - amazing, great news, I am so happy for you!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:
(really weird how happy we all are about you having TB, ha ha!!)
lots of hugs and I hope you never have to face health anxiety again!

love from Amu xxx