PDA

View Full Version : was finally feeling better then..

21girl
21-05-09, 09:35
my boyfriends nanna has had a stroke.

I cant face going to the hospital and see her, im not strong enough.

i thought i was doing well.

sophie15
21-05-09, 20:04
i'm sorry to hear about your boyfriend's nan, i know it's difficult to find the strength to do things and i'm sure no one will make you feel bad if you are not up to going.
how about you write her a card to let her know your thinking of her and i'm sure she'll love that just as much.
I hope you feel better soon.

alias_kev
21-05-09, 21:27
Hey 21girl. I see from your first post that hospitals and grandparents have been a challenge for you before. Its not likely to do you too much good to push yourself to hard to go. As Sophie said it would be good to atleast send a card or letter. Perhaps admit that it upset you when your nan was in hospital and that makes it hard to visit her. That way people can know you're not just an uncaring person. Hospitals can have a lot of bad connections for many people as most of us never go there for a good reason.

Obviously if you know her well or have met her a lot of times it might still seem odd not to visit. In that case you'd be best sharing more of the issues with your boyfriend (or someone) so they can either support you in going or in not going.