PDA

View Full Version : Slept on my arm funny

countrygirl
21-05-09, 10:58
I woke up in the night laying on my right side and when I moved I got agonising pain in my upper arm and elbow- took ages before the pain lessened so i could straighten my arm and move it but eventually eased and I turned over and went back to sleep.
forgot all about it but after I had been up and about for an hour I started to get nasty pains into thumb and first finger and if I try and hold my arm up my upper arm aches horrible plus I am getting weird electric shock type feeling from under inner elbow down inside of lower arm especially if I touch the skin on underside of upper arm!!!!!!!!!!!
I am assuming I must have been pressing on a nerve either in my neck or in my arm when i was asleep but I am really freaking and it hurts so much.

diane07
21-05-09, 12:23
It does sound you were probably lying on a nerve, i am guilty of doing this most nights and my arm normally aches so much for the rest of the day, if it hasn't stopped by tomorrow you can always get it checked by the doc, but i'm sure it will stop before tomorrow comes.

best wishes

di xx

countrygirl
21-05-09, 15:57
Thanks Di - have to say much better this afternoon compared to this morning. I think I need to sleep stood up in a corner because I am always doing things like this:)