PDA

View Full Version : hi im new im 19 and agoraphobic

Wannabeloved85
29-08-05, 11:27
Hi,
My names Becci, i found your forum through the search bar using 'ears popping' as the key word. My ears pop like crazy every morning, my jaw locks clicks and aches. And i gotta say i feel so much better knowing its anxiety/tension. Although i feel better,my ears are still 'unpopped' it drives me crazy!
Anyway im 19 ive been housebound for 3 years, my mums the same. i believe i learned my mums life style when i left school early to look after her. I just wish i could unlearn it!
I have been doing much better lately, but my ears havent! ive began to meditate again, so this might help in the future.
Thankx for reading
Take care
Beccix x x

Wannabeloved85
29-08-05, 11:29
i forgot to mention that i recieve no help from a doctor or medication, my mum does but i just dont feel i need it! ive done fine up till now so what wou the point be?

trac67
29-08-05, 11:36
Hi Becci,
Welcome to the forum, you will find loads of useful information here and make a lot of good friends.
Anytime you want a chat feel free to pm me.
Take care
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

pips
29-08-05, 12:01
Hi Becci,

A BIG warm welcome to the forum hun. I do hope it helps you.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

nomorepanic
29-08-05, 12:44
Hi Becci

Welcome aboard.

You say that you don't need any help but surely you would like to get out of the house and not be housebound forever?

You are only 19 and there is a whole world out there for you to explore. Do you not get out atall? What is your main fear of going out?

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Sax
29-08-05, 12:48
:DHiya Becci,

Well done for finding us and a big warm welcome to NMP - i am sure you'll find this site reassuring and comforting that others can sympathise and empathise with your situation!

Welcome and maybe catch u in the chat room soon perhaps

Take care and look forward to your posts

Sax xx[8D]

Piglet
29-08-05, 13:25
Hi Becci,

Welcome to the site.

Love Piglet :D

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

seh1980
29-08-05, 15:04
Welcome aboard Becci!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

sueiamnew
29-08-05, 15:15
Welcome to the site Becci.

kazo
29-08-05, 17:30
Hi Becci

Welcome to the forum, there is lots of good advice on here.

Kazo

Meg
29-08-05, 18:44
**i forgot to mention that i recieve no help from a doctor or medication, my mum does but i just dont feel i need it!**

I appreciate your wish to not have medication but you and your Mum could join the telephone recovery course from No Panic and you can support each other in all the exercises to get you both out and about again.

Do you work from home at present ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Karen
29-08-05, 18:51
Hi Becci

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

pinkscrumpy
29-08-05, 19:19
Hi Becci

Welcome to the site

[^][^]

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

jill
29-08-05, 20:56
Hi Becci

WELCOME TO THE SITE

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Quirky
29-08-05, 22:11
Welcome Becci,

LJ :)

xxhazexx
29-08-05, 22:38
Welcome Becci:)

Wannabeloved85
29-08-05, 22:39
hi, thanks for all your replies and friendly welcomes :D
the reason i chose not for medication is cos i see my mum take hers 3 times a day and still pace the floors and not leave the house and the doctor refused to see me because im apparently attention seeking. But i been doing better at one point i wouldnt leave my room i had anxiety every morning till bout2 in the afternoon. now i ok in a morning (except for the ears thing) and everynight i mange to get on the fronts with my friend, slowly moving away from the house. i can get far lol but its there! All i really did was change my thinking routine, instead of thinking negative all the time, i thought positive. eat well, cutt down coffee etc. ive took a few online courses but none have proved brill, but still all helpful! I done so much research i prob know more than the doc and therapist combined!

pips
29-08-05, 23:09
Hi There,

I think your Dr was well out of order saying that! He can't refuse to see you surly?

I just wanted to say WELLDONE to you I think your very brave and cope very well. You have a great POSITIVE attitude and that goes a long way! Keep up the good work.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X