PDA

View Full Version : What a Mess!

katiekaboom
21-05-09, 12:08
Hi All

My name is Katie and I am so pleased to have found this as My GP is useless. I have always been a little 'wobbly' and get worried very easily about little things. I met and married a lovely man who had issues of his own, his past was a major factor in his alcoholism and being Bi Polar (this has not yet been fully diagnosed) We have had a really turbulent 8 years together, his drinking made him become abusive mentally and verbally, also to the end of last year/beginning of this year quite physical.

Last summer he lost his job and we both started to spiral into depression, and I started with severe anxiety, mainly about money but also about my husband's drinking and depression, then I started to get panic attacks about EVERYTHING and ANYTHING!. Recently our relationship became very bad and I left him, telling him it would be over unless something was done about his drinking. I am very pleased and proud to say he has gone though a detox and is now sober, and he is also seeking help for his triggers and issues. The abuse has stopped, but because we are both in a bit of a mess, things are very tense and we snap at each other a fair bit.

The problem is I feel like I have been left a complete anxious and nervous wreck after 8 years of issues, I have panic attacks daily and am just in tears all the time. He is still out of work, and it is now really affecting my work, as I just keep breaking down into panic when I am in the office. I feel nauseous all the time and just want to sleep. Becasue he is still out of work, his depression is pretty bad and he is sleeping loads too instead of looking for work, this is pilling more pressure on me to keep things together. I went to my GP and all they did was give me a list of numbers of who I can talk to, and a course of Diazepam.

I just feel that I am in this huge hole, and I know I really need to get motivated and pull things together (like bills, my health and even basic houskeeping), but I keep having this panics and it knocks me off my feet for hours, sometimes a day.

Does anyone know how I can sort myself out and control these attacks? Any advice is really appreciated.