PDA

View Full Version : worried again..

hc91
21-05-09, 13:49
I'm really sorry, I know that it must seem pathetic that I have a different thing wrong with me every day, but I'm worried again.
I noticed a really small bruise on my leg a few days ago. It didn't really hurt unless I touched it, and now it doesn't hurt at all if I touch it so does that mean its healing? Then this morning I noticed another tiny bruise on my upper arm, which hurts to touch but is hardly visible to anyone but me. I know that it probably sounds silly, but I've been quite tired recently, so I'm getting worried.

june
21-05-09, 14:04
:hugs: health anxiety is really bad :hugs:
I can not help with your bruises:blush:
but i do sympathise with your worry:)

I'm really sorry, I know that it must seem pathetic that I have a different thing wrong with me every day, but I'm worried again.
Please do not worry, you are not pathetic. It is such a real fear. I am sure you know you are OK really? BUT how to convince your brain of this??????
That is the real problem.
I could post every half hour with the fears and worries and panic. :weep: :weep: i now just put the major ones up.
Best wishes
June
:hugs:

robelros
21-05-09, 15:16
hey there - don't woryr about this - i know that bruising automatically makes people think of leukemia and those sorts of things, and i definitely went through a phase a few years ago when i was convinced i had it. but you don't have it - i am constantly noticing little bruises here and there and have no idea where they come from. i think everybody does! so try not to worry, you're normal :)

Cygfa
21-05-09, 15:54
Maybe you've bumped into something and don't even remember? If you're fair skinned, you probably bruise really easily, I know it happens to me all the time. Try not to worry about it too much, easier said than done, I know.

xx

countrygirl
21-05-09, 16:00
The only time to be concerned is if you notice large small plate sized bruises or literally huge number of bruises - I had a friend with chroinc leukemia the one you can live with for about 20 yrs and her first symptom was literally bruises on her leg that were size of side plates! She also bled forever if she cut herself and these symptoms were not something minor but obvious toe veryone tht something was really wrong.
The trouble is that we forget we have slightly knocked outselves and the bruises take up to 3 days to appear.