PDA

View Full Version : help

dante
21-05-09, 20:31
i know anxiety and ocd are the same with intrusive thoughts, i have thoughts of harming my loved ones, have had them for 4 months now, and its the fear of the thoughts have caused the anxiety, but then i am trying to accept them as just thoughts, then the other day a thought popped in, but i had no anxiety and a feeling that it wouldnt bother me if i did act on my thoughts , i felt so emotionless, and thats caused more anxiety.
does anyone else get that feeling of emotionless and that they could act on there thoughts. i know there is a big jump from thinking to acting but scared the crap out of me that i felt so emotionless.

dante
21-05-09, 20:53
ps the reason i asked for help here and not in ocd is because i had anxiety, it started after panic attacks, and i read up about it and read you can have intrusive thoughts, and because i was anxious that thought stuck and i was so scared of haveing thoughts about hurting anyone i started to get them, but i have all the symptoms of gad especially when i go to work i am anxious with no thoughts so was wondering wether people get emotionless and i dont mean over just thoughts i mean in general thanx

zavo
21-05-09, 23:27
we all get these weird thoughts....it's part of being nervous, anxious. The fact that you are worried about having them shows they are just that....nerves...accept that. It's not YOU.

damopanther
29-05-09, 09:22
hi, i have gone through ocd intrusive thoughts 4 years ago, and it too was a horrendous time, the more you accept the thoughts the easier it gets and a medication called amisulpride helped me greatly, now i have very few thoughts and just laugh them off, sure things will improve for you, take care, damo