PDA

View Full Version : Claire weekes makes me panic!!

Meewah
22-05-09, 04:52
I have downloaded Claire Weekes audio from this great site.

The problem is I usually listen to Buddhist audio Dharma and I find that Claire Weekes voice is alarmist to me and makes me worry more. It reminds me of my past when people used to tell me off at school.

I have read her books and I always had a different voice in my head when reading a calm warm voice. I know Claire cant help her voice but I have to say shes not helping at the moment.

If anyone shares my experience then try my non alarmist audio.

Hope it helps...
http://www.audiodharma.org

Mee

xBettyBoopx
22-05-09, 04:58
Hi Meewah

I take great comfort in Dr Claire Weekes voice. I must admit to never listening to anything else, but I find her voice very soothing.

Els

Jaco45er
22-05-09, 07:25
I found she had a comforting voice too, but it's all about what's best for the individual.

Always good to share what helps Meewah :)

Meewah
22-05-09, 09:56
Thanx for the replies.

Strange how certain voices bring back memories of the past. I will continue to get good benefit from her books.

Mee

Louize
22-05-09, 13:32
i like her voice - but i must admit, i went into panic listening to that thing....

I dont know why, no past experiances or anything, but now i cant listen to her because i go straight back to that place! - going to try her book next, see if i find that any different.

Phil H
23-05-09, 21:52
I found although in theory her words were good...its ultimately for mild anxiety sufferers....like that con man lindy whatever he called ;)