PDA

View Full Version : Holiday

SarahP
22-05-09, 16:30
Hi everyone,

Am off on holiday with my family to Northumberland tomorrow for a week. Am looking forward to it, but so scared about so many things, not least of which how I will be able to sleep. Sleep is a massive worry for me, and I panic a lot about not getting enough.

Everything seems to have overwhelmed me today. I tried explaining it to my mum but I sounded crazy even to myself.

Does anyone else ever feel like there's something in them that actively tries to stop them getting better? I feel like I have such a cynic sat inside me constantly saying 'who are you kidding with this feeling good sh*t? You don't deserve to feel better'. ARGGGGGGH

Sorry.

Sarah xx

suzy-sue
22-05-09, 17:55
Hi Sarah, it sounds like you are getting the old anticipatory anxiety.I always get like this before I go away,what if this ,what if that,I call it what if syndrome.lol. I take it you sleep ok at home ? if this is the case .why wouldnt you sleep ok when you go away?.As long as I take my own pillow with me ,Ialways sleep well,and Ive never slept any worse than normal.The anxiety will try to challenge you ,but instead of thinking in a negative way reverse the thoughts into positive ones. You will have a good holiday ! enjoy yourself and let us know how it was when you get back.. Have a great time Luv Sue:hugs: :shades:

bobobob
22-05-09, 18:28
You do deserve to feel better. Its awfull having these thoughts an feelings. I am sure you will have a fantastic holiday. Dare i say it, try to calm yourself. Mindfull thoughts is good. make time for you to enjoy yourself. I send you my support. Tell us all how you got on. Bye...

SarahP
22-05-09, 18:45
Thanks guys! I'll report back next week...:)

Sarah xx

Reggie
23-05-09, 00:02
I'm off on holiday tomorrow too - and I feel anxious as well!

Hope you do have a lovely time.

Reggie -x-

PoppyC
23-05-09, 00:08
Hi Sarah
Try to have a lovely relaxing holiday. I hope you enjoy it :shades:

Reggie - I hope you have a good holiday too! :yesyes:

Str33tb0y
23-05-09, 00:10
Hi everyone,

Am off on holiday with my family to Northumberland tomorrow for a week. Am looking forward to it, but so scared about so many things, not least of which how I will be able to sleep. Sleep is a massive worry for me, and I panic a lot about not getting enough.

Everything seems to have overwhelmed me today. I tried explaining it to my mum but I sounded crazy even to myself.

Does anyone else ever feel like there's something in them that actively tries to stop them getting better? I feel like I have such a cynic sat inside me constantly saying 'who are you kidding with this feeling good sh*t? You don't deserve to feel better'. ARGGGGGGH

Sorry.

Sarah xx

Hi Sarah. I know exactly what you mean. Ive had the most fab day today and Im starting to panic that I will fall off the wagon so to speak tomorrow.

I hope not.

Anyway I hope you have a fantastic holiday and that it does you the world of good.

Have fun ! :yesyes:

SarahP
30-05-09, 19:14
Hey guys,

Just to let you know, the holiday was awesome! It was good to get away and I actually let myself relax instead of constantly watching myself all the time. The bad thoughts were still there but I did stuff in spite of them, and felt great. Now I'm back home I'm a bit nervous as it's reminding me of feeling rubbish before, but at least I now have nice holiday memories to look back on!

Thanks for all the words of encouragement, and I hope you are all well and enjoying the sun :D

Sarah xx

alias_kev
30-05-09, 20:20
Well Done Sarah. If only we could all mange it so well. Being back in a familiar setting does mean the negatives will try and fight back in.

It may be a good time to write down for yourself all the brave and good things you did while away. That was the negativity won't be able to diminish it in your memory and you'll be able to keep it to spur you on on the harder days.

SarahP
31-05-09, 17:01
Thanks for that Kev :)

Hopefully me managing the holiday will show others that it is possible to enjoy ourselves! I never would have believed it before I went. I think we all underestimate ourselves.

Big hugs for everyone! :hugs: