PDA

View Full Version : CAN I DO THIS

hanna
29-08-05, 21:20
HI

HAVNT POSTED FOR A WHILE,THIS IS GOING TO SOUND FUNNY BUT CAN U GIVE URSELF SYMPTOMS,SAY IF I WAS WORRIED AND THINKIN ABOUT A BRAIN TUMOUR CUD I GIVE MY SELF A HEAD ACHE JUST FROM THINKING ABOUT IT IF U NO WAT I MEAN ,SORRY TO DRIBBLE ON BUT IV BEEN THINKIN ABOUT THIS 4 A WHILE ,IF ANYONE CAN HELP THEN PLEASE DO

seh1980
29-08-05, 21:35
hi Hanna,

Yes, I think that this is possible. You won't give yourself a brain tumour obviously but you can give yourself a headache. I do this to myself quite often with headaches and chest pains..

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

clickaway
29-08-05, 21:48
In short, the more you worry, the stronger and more diverse the symptoms will become.

Just tell yourself that its just the anxiety causing these physical symptoms. Often it 'attacks' parts of the body where there is no organ to go wrong, and so tell yourself you're actually OK.

Take care,

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

tt
30-08-05, 02:52
I have been there. I had a headache for several months. I had heard of my friends mom having an anorisim. I then started thinking of tumors. After going to the Doctors several times then a physiatris, I was told that all the muscles in my head were constricting and causing pain. The more i worried the more they remained tense. After i was convinced the muscles started to relax and then it went away. Then after that I moved on to worrying about something else. (haha)but true!

your mind is a very powerful tool!
hope you feel better soon!
TT:)

TT:)

Quirky
30-08-05, 08:46
Hi Hanna,
I agree with everyone here, the mind is a very powerful tool, you can imagine all sorts of symptoms! Sometimes if I watch TV and someone is breathless I'll worry about my breathing and get breathless too! You're not alone in this.
LJ