PDA

View Full Version : please help !!!

pb
22-05-09, 22:11
Still so scared with bloating and constipation, feel that i need to go but can't.
Had colonscopy about 7 or 8 years ago , now worried that consultant did not look at results when i went back as i have a reflux problem as well and this was playing me up. The dr said i had ibs , but this was a long time ago , maybe i had divercultis or maybe ive got it now - im 45 . Sorry to go on - please help!

pb
23-05-09, 08:27
please help , im soo scared

lauraw
23-05-09, 08:34
Morning Pb,

Sorry you are feeling so scared. When you get a colonoscopy they put a camera into your bowel and intestine and look at the tissue. They also take a biopsy to check the health of the cells. Therefore it would have meant the person doing the colonoscopy, the doctor and the people in the labs all missing anything sinister! Not likely to happen is it.
What you need to remember is that you suffer from anxiety so your instinct is alwats to think the worst. How long have you been feeling like this? Have you tried taking something to help your constipation? Senna, lactulose etc.
Let me know how your feeling xxxx

pb
23-05-09, 08:42
thank you for your reply , its so hard to think rationally . i will try to make aptment for my gp, but the panic is awful .

lauraw
23-05-09, 08:46
It is awful when its so all consuming you feel you can't breath! Try some abdominal massage too that can be really good for constipation. Use big alternating circle around your tummy and press quite deep, it works quite well.
I know probably nothing anyone says will make you feel better right now but just try and stay positive and let us know how you get on.

laura x

pb
24-05-09, 08:18
Sorry to keep on, but anxiety is bad this weekend. Now have a pain in right side and think this can't just be ibs , have convinced myself its diverculitis.
Its so hard to cope..

Thumbelina
24-05-09, 08:28
I am 32,
Have severe diarhea when in anxiety. Last one was 2 weeks ago lasted for 2 weeks. During it I have no appetite, I foce feed myself as much as i can, i loose weight as well. I am almost sure that your bloating and constipation is connected with anxiety.
You should try drinking yougurt - couple of bottels per day. It should help.
It does to me. And its easy to swallow, nutritional as well.

I would ot worry too much, as dtomack problems are number 1 in anxiety as TECHNICALLY DURING FIGHT OF FLIGHT RESPONCE BODY TRIES TO CLEAN UP AND GET RID OF THE WASTE PRODUCTS TO BE LIGHTER AND READY FOR THE BATTLE. Your bloating is part of it.

Take care

pb
24-05-09, 08:46
Sorry its me again - the pain is in my left side not right !!- just in such a state..

Thumbelina
24-05-09, 08:50
pain can be all over.

I had pains everywhere

Drink plenty of water: try to drink 1,5 litres today
put a glass of water now in front of you and drink little by little, you will see it will help to take the toxins out.

pb
26-05-09, 19:56
Sorry its me again! I think im becoming obsessed with my bowels. Have been really constipated, the past 3 days i have taken fybogel which works really well but i don't want to have to take it all the time. Do you think stress could make you constipated , also when i feel that i need to go , i sometimes delay because im scrared i won't be able to.Sorry about all this information..

pb
26-05-09, 22:09
Please reply - im in such a state.

Kraggy
26-05-09, 22:18
From what I read, you are very scared, And IBS is indeed a cause of Anxiety, A very frequent one to.
The pains that you are feeling are for what I know "Spasms" in the Bowels, They can appear on any spot in the bowels, sometimes on one position (When you feel it in a certain area) and sometimes in multiple positions (When a large part of your stomach feels painfull & you can barely stand up straight.)
It could also just be gas in a certain area of the bowels.

I know it is hard, but you really must try to relax, Relaxing would probably ease the stomach pains alot.

If you cannot without reassurance, go talk to your doctor about it, ask him to explain in detail what most likely causing the pains.

And ofcourse you are allways welcome here on the forums!

kind regards,

Kraggy :bighug1: