PDA

View Full Version : Scared & i can't breathe. ! help

Cupcake !
23-05-09, 05:16
Okay,
so i have anxiety,and its so hard to treat,i always feel like im heavy breathing,and that breathing doesn't com naturally to me
:weep:
i panic all the time aboutt,how can i stop being sad and scaredd,
help me,i just feel like my life sucks,cuase i started DUMB anxiety
:scared15:

eeyorelover
23-05-09, 05:54
Oh hun I'm so sorry that you are feeling this way right now!

I know how scary it is!
Just remember you will get thru this and it would probably be a good idea to read the info on the help pages of this site.
If you need to talk just let me know :)
xxx
Sandy

purplehaze
23-05-09, 07:03
The one thing we all do without thinking about it is breathe. In fact if you try and hold your breath you can only do it for so long before your body demands air. I know its a worrying time for you but as sandy said there is lots of info on here and people that will support you

Daniele
23-05-09, 23:04
Don't be scared...

Do you have something stuck in your throat?
Do you suffer from severe asthma? (note that sufferers find it hard to breathe out not in)

look at the worst that's gonna happen...you're gonna run out of breath and collapse..you'll pass out and your automatic bodily services will just keep you breathing as you do when you're asleep (you never stopped breathing for more than 10 minutes in your sleep did you?)

anyways..then you'll wake up...and if you keep being scared and over breathing you'll faint again...
yep the same thing will happen your body will see you just fine

eventually you'll get bored

Have a giggle about it instead or just try this......

breathe in and count 4
hold your breath to a count of 4
breathe out for a count of 4
hold your breath to a count of 4

repeat the above slower and slower

The passing out thing will never happen but I hope you see the funny side to how dull it would get if it did...hell you'd waste half your day ;)

Ireni
24-05-09, 01:18
Do you see anyone about your problem/s? CBT may be helpful.

Just remind yourself that the out of breath feeling you're having is completely to do with panic - even if it doesn't seem like it. Everyone breathes naturally and even if you weren't thinking about it, you would never stop doing it. Concentrating on breathing usually makes it seem worse for me. Maybe you're the same? If you get distracted and ignore it, perhaps it'll go away? It won't hurt you.

Take care
xxx

dweener
24-05-09, 16:03
i too am suffering really badly with the feeling that i am unable to breath. mostly it is bad in the evenings however it seems to be creeping in more and more throughout the day. at times i feel i am unable to swallow or talk as i havent enough breath. im trying to disrtact my self with little sucess and getting increasinly distressed, will this ever end i can't bear the thought of living this way. i'm considering phoning the out of hours mental health team to admit me to hospital how can their be a way foward.