PDA

View Full Version : Exercise???

lookingahead
23-05-09, 08:11
Does exercise help anyone?
Have been ok recently and am not using any meds........
felt really odd this morning and as tho panic was creeping in, so I ran round the block..twice !! It worked, the panic subsided a lot.
I used to exercise, gym etc quite a bit but have stopped the last 2 months as not feeling well and as fatigue is a major symptom.........
also my anxiety gets worse when I am tired so I have been scared to exercise but that quick blast thiis morning..........only 5 mins was great.
What are anyone elses experience with this?

zavo
23-05-09, 08:18
my doctor actually strongly recommended that I go to a gym as part of my recovery from nerves/anxiety. I have been twice this week and it has really helped. I am on meds, and whereas I guess they help with mental fatigue the exercise definitely helps the body and mind. I would get out and run whenever you feel a panic attack looming, it will burn off the adrenelin if nothing else. Take care! :)

lauraw
23-05-09, 08:59
Im a hysiotherapist so I know a little about exercise!
When you exercise your body produces endorphins and adrenaline ahich in essence are your body's own happy hormones! They are some of the hormones that anti-depressants are trying to simulate. So exercise really is one of the best remedies for anxiety and depression. Im glad you've found a remedy!!