PDA

View Full Version : just had to up my cipralex so disappointed

vickykelly
23-05-09, 11:58
hi all,

I have GAD and panic disorder, was on dothepin for years, then it came back, doctor put me on cipralex 10mg had horrible side effects for first week, but was great for 3 weeks.. although still have to take my sleeping pills... on wednesday the dreaded anxiety came back, and im waking up with the same fear of dread and churning stomach again.. so went back to the doctors and he upped to 20mg.. is this normal for this to happen, i was doing so well.. has anyone else had this i need some reassurance please. and also if the other dose stopped working whats to stop this.. im also trying to work with all this and finding things tough x please advise

anx mum
23-05-09, 12:32
2 me Vicky ur such a brave person going 2 work feeling like this is awful. We r both in the same boat and we will get over this. I have gained a good friend talking 2 u. Bev x

reallyfedup
03-06-09, 16:51
I have just upped to 20 mg too and had buspirone prescribed with it. How's it going for you?

shrimp
13-06-09, 08:43
Hi,
I have been on cipralex for 14 weeks now, started on 10 then 15 and am now going to take 20. I seem to have a good week where I feel almost normal and then it all goes wrong again, waking up at 4.30am, churning stomach, worried sick about everything, and by the time i get up at 6am i am in pieces and it takes me the day to calm down again. Does anyone know if taking 20mg is actually going to make a difference to my anxiety ? I feel that my depression is definitely better although still feel very low on the weeks that im down, im so sick of this, its so debilitating getting up every day and struggling through the day, i just want to feel normal again and ive started to feel like thats never going to happen. I hope you are all feeling okay this morning and have a good day. xx