PDA

View Full Version : Reasurance!

Ross44
23-05-09, 19:32
Hi all,

Need a little advice. I had an echogram and ECG yesterday after a bit of a wait and a few panic attacks in-between but everything came back ok. Trouble is I am still feeling pretty rubbish and have been feeling
light-headed, had shallow breathing and tingles down my left arm/hand/foot today. Surly after my tests yesterday these things can not be sinister. I'm looking for a little reasurance that its not a heart attack! Many thanks ;-)

Daniele
23-05-09, 23:14
My father died really suddenly and unexpectedly of heart attack....I've had alot of silly chest pains since.

If doctors checked you out I'd say you're ok...they don't mess about with that kinda thing.
If you don't have pain radiating from the chest area in painful shots then most likely it's muscular.

If you have a severe panic attack or even just a long bout of anxiety it can take days to get over the feelings that the chemicals your body has released will cause.

Like when you get in a fight, win or lose or draw you don't suddenly feel totally back to normal as soon as it's over...maybe not for a day or two if it was a traumatic experience.

Same thing.

You'll notice tingles on left side cos you're supposed to, I guarantee if you were receptive enough you'd feel them in other places too...that's what anxious shallow breathing does for you and I have it all the time.

If you don't feel chest pain on exercising yourself, then you can take it easy, you wouldn't believe how many times i've run up and down steps to test whether I have angina :D

duskess
25-05-09, 01:57
Hello Ross , Welcome to NMP , lots of help advice and understanding here , glad you found the site , your not having a heart attack Ross , your not alone , panic attacks make us feel very frightened , have you had a chat to your gp about how your feeling , you get good advice here , take care :welcome: d x

Roisin1980
26-05-09, 19:58
Hi Ross, reading your post was like switching a light on for me! I ALWAYS get tingling and numbnes down my left arm/hand/leg when my anxiety is bad or has been bad. I thought this was just unique to me as I always thought why is it only the left hand side?! I have been having that for years and I can say for def with me anyway it is not caused by anything physical (but obv I am not a doctor) but it sounds the same as me!