PDA

View Full Version : Excessive sweating

up a ladder
23-05-09, 21:26
This happend mainly at night and in the mornings. I will have an anxious thought and I will have sweat pouring out of me.
Whilst I was in a meeting (not participating much) and suddenly I had sweat running off my head and down my back.
During the day, I am very sweaty and only seem to dry up in the evenings.

becky000
23-05-09, 21:37
Yes, I also sweat alot when I'm anxious. As soon as I'm in a stessfull situation I start to sweat. It must be just another symptom......
When I have panic attacks I sweat profusely and then I get cold and start to shiver.

Ireni
24-05-09, 01:06
I'd say it was another manifestation of anxiety, even if you don't feel particularly anxious when it happens. I don't know what else to say about it because I get the same. I know that panic can also give you sudden 'hot flashes' and other weird things as well.

sdio
28-05-09, 15:57
Hi,

I just posted a thread about sweating. I get it when I am anxious (I think) but I sometimes get it out of the blue like when I am driving, which could be stress.

My doctor has tested my blood for any thyroid problems to rule everything out and I have to go back and visit him (totally went out of my head!).

It is a horrible symptom and causes me great distress because it's so visible. If you're nervous for example, you can try and deal with it inside, but sweating and blushing is so visible, it kind of makes you a target.

I hope you find some help and I'll comment back on your page if my Dr has anything good to say for once ;)

x

JusJackie
06-09-09, 19:56
Hi

I am just new to this site.

I have suffered with depression/anxiety/panic attacks & had medication for same for a number of years.

I also suffer with excessive sweating starting from trickling down my head, face & neck eventually ending up with my hair soaking wet. I would get this from simply getting dressed, walking to my car, doing chores around the home. I never associated them to my illness of depression. I do find the sweats/hot flushes as I now call them as I'm peri menopausal very debilitating and makes me feel even more paranoid & dont want to go out in public as I imagine everyone is looking at me.

I have cut myself of from friends and some family except for immediate family who know of my illness & keep a firm check on me.

As far as I know there is no known cure for the sweating. If you now know of anything that can help please let me know.

Take care.

Jackie

suzy-sue
06-09-09, 22:12
My Dr perscribed me 1 mg of Estradiol .Its a low dose of HRT .It stopped the night sweats and hot flushes .Red clover is meant to be good but its expensive ,and one 500mg evening primrose oil 3times a day helps too . Sue

Jan63
06-09-09, 22:33
Oh I wonder if that's what my doctor prescribed me when I went on a sort of mini menopause when I was 34. She did a blood test to test my hormones and whilst we were waiting for the results she said she could give me something to stop the sweating which I was having several times a day. It was great and it worked and then when the results came back it was the menopause so she put me on HRT.(although I came off it after a few months because I didn't feel right on it and then everything went back to normal again and I got pregnant again at the age of nearly 37 with one ovary.:huh:)

I started with the sweats again a few years later and asked my new doctor for some of those tablets but she said she didn't know of any tablets that stopped you sweating and looked back on my records but couldn't find anything.:unsure: I reckon those must have been the tablets my old doctor prescribed.

I suffer with anxiety and when I am stressing about my health I find that I start having sudden sweats and also in the night too I wake up sweating.