PDA

View Full Version : holiday on friday

rois
30-08-05, 11:36
hey guys and dolls, I haven't been chatting in a while cos I was feeling better and hadn't suffered an attack in just over a month, it was great but I can now feel the panic starting to build up as I'm going on holiday this Friday to Prague but with a stopover in London. I know I'll be ok when I leave the house but it's just the thought of leaving my house as it is my haven. Anyone have advice for me? It can get pretty bad and I have some rescue remedy but I don't know if it will be strong enough to fight off an attack, I'd be grateful for any advice

"You die if you worry and you die if you don't"

Piglet
30-08-05, 11:44
Hi Rois,

Once you get going you'll be fine - its always the ancipation thats the worst.

Arm yourself with bottles of water and some lavendar oil on a cottonwool ball or sniff it straight from the bottle (it helps break a panic attack and revive you). Put your dark glasses on and have a lovely time.

Make sure to tell us all about it on your return.

Love Piglet[8D]

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

rois
30-08-05, 11:57
thanx piglet I'll try the lavender, I didn't know that broke up the panic attack

seh1980
30-08-05, 13:23
Take some relaxation tapes/CDs with you.

Have a great time!! Tell us all about it when you get back :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Meg
30-08-05, 14:01
What would be in your 'Anxiety Toolbox'? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3938)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

sandra114
30-08-05, 17:27
Its the build up thats worse, when you get going you'll be ok. Enjoy Prague, my son went earlier this year and said it was a great place and wants to go back.

Sandra

Elle-Kay
30-08-05, 21:06
Hi Rois, I'm going away on holiday on Friday too! Only to Stratford though, so I envy you going to Prague - a friend went there recently and had nothing but good things to say. I'll keep you in my thoughts - it will be comforting to know someone else is "being there, and doing that" I think! :)

--- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

nomorepanic
30-08-05, 21:17
Puzzle books - a must! keep your mind occupied for hours

Have a fab time!

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

rois
30-08-05, 23:14
thanx for the advice everyone, you're all stars I'll post a message when I get back to let you know how I got on, hopefully it will be in with the success stories [8D]

stimpy
30-08-05, 23:25
Hi Rois

I've just come back from 2 weeks in St Ives and it was awesome. :D
It was something that I never thought I would ever do again.

Sometimes the antisipation is worse than the doing.
Take a book and some colouring pencils, and something to read.

That way you have something to distract you should you need it.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

rois
31-08-05, 12:00
hi guys sorry for torturing you again but I took a bad attack this morning. My main worry is that I have to go to work today and 2moro and don't know how I'm gonna get thru it. I was really sick with the attack this morning thankfully my mum was there tohelp me. I suppose my main worry is that my family won't be there as my support network and my boyfriend doesn't really understand what a panic attack is. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers so i can overcome this and make it onto the plane. Thanx for letting me get it off my chest again[8D]

Meg
31-08-05, 13:32
We're thinking of you Rois

Good luck

Keep occupied and optimistic

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

nomorepanic
31-08-05, 18:07
Good luck and we will be sending you positive thoughts all the way there and back.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"