PDA

View Full Version : Not sure how to describe the feeling...

mail1234
24-05-09, 17:28
Hi, I'm new on here, and tbh I'm not 100% sure that my symptoms are anxiety or panic related but I thought that I'd see if some of you more knowledgeable people on here could help me out.

Basically since I've started university, whenever I get into a serious situation, mostly work related such as a difficult lecture or exam, I get a very strange feeling, kind of in my head. Its hard to describe but it consists of tension and i get pretty irritated, vaguely panicy and fidgety and as though I just want to get out as quickly as possible. I suppose the general feeling it feels most close to is the feeling of wanting to cry; but I have never actually cried in this situation, and have no reason to anyway. It isnt a very good analogy but its the best I can come up with.

It completely stops me from concentrating and if I can, I will leave. This obviously is affecting my education and I'd like it to stop! With exams coming up the least I want is to spend all the exam concentrating on getting rid of this feeling. I must stress that I have never had this before coming to uni, and it only started about a month after coming, and can find no possible triggers for that :S

Anyone else ever had similar feelings and any advice on how to treat it?
Thanks

caz303
24-05-09, 21:17
Aw you poor thing that doesn't sound nice at all *hug*. I'm no expert but it sounds a bit like you're getting a slight panic attack. Perhaps you could try doing some deep breathing when you start to feel like this ... it always helps me ;)

fillyjonk
26-05-09, 09:32
hi - i get a similar feeling, like that of feeling odd and that i cannot cope and will crack or cry - although I do usually keep going somehow but it's a very emotional feeling. i think it is anxiety.

fillyjonk