PDA

View Full Version : Panicking Again.......

roachford
30-08-05, 12:56
HAll,

Been having a bad week or two. I've been suffering from discomfort around the stomach area. Nothing painful, or even that culd be described as a stomach ache. Its just more of an achey muscle feeling around my kidneys and abdominal muscles.

But my mind is racing thinking it is something sinister. But then the ther half of my mind is grappling with the fact that it is probably Irritable Bowel or something. I'm sure I'm making it worse by stressing out about it..........

Why do I get myself into this state????????

pennyroyaletea
30-08-05, 13:52
Hi Roachford, I suffer from anxiety and depression and I seem to get a lot of tummy issues, similar to what you have described.
Try and avoid too many foods that are 'firming' if you know what I mean, stuff like eggs, bread and pasta cause a lot of build up inside and then a lot of discomfort as a result.
I'm no expert but generally anxiety and irritable bowel are experienced together because of the nervous system - if you're a No More Panic member there's an interesting article in the newsletter this month which talks about why anxiety affects the nerous system.
Maybe do some diet research on the internet for more advice.