PDA

View Full Version : afriad of the dark?

trevor
30-08-05, 13:51
hi everyone

hope you are all doing ok,

does anyone else get afraid of the dark because now the nights are drawing in like we have lost a hour and a half already daylight i seem to be more anxious than ever could this be the dark nights cause i am dreading them,,

but i feel silly an adult scared of the drk???
any feedback would be great ,

thanks

trevor.:)

leo05
30-08-05, 15:06
hi there i to get scared of the dark and have fear of sleeping but i am and will get through it so i really do know how yu feel and if you want you can pm me anytime ok

leo05

Barb
30-08-05, 15:20
Hi Trevor
I hate the dark nights as well and dread them also,but I am not really scared of the dark, my house sits right in the middle of fields so its really dark, but we do have spotlights that really help..My main thing is dark winter days I feel like I cant breath and it makes me very claustrophobic strange I know.

Luv Barb xxx

Piglet
30-08-05, 18:09
Hi Trev,

I always feel sad at the nights drawing in too, as summer is my favourite time of year but have to say I find it much easier being out and about in the dark evenings regarding my agoraphobia.

Love Pig xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

stimpy
30-08-05, 23:47
Hi trev

I was never afraid of the dark until I had anxiety.
Then I slept with the light on and the tv or the radio on.

So there is definately nothing silly about it.

I find listening to the radio helps me and I also have a nightlight which takes the edge of the clostrophobic darkness but is not bright enough to keep everyone awake.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

helen__w
31-08-05, 00:12
Hi

I am afraid of the dark too! I dread having to go to sleep! No need to feel silly I think a lot of us suffer from this!

Helen x

trevor
31-08-05, 08:24
thanks everone.

i really dont feel too bad now although i still have this ashamed feeling within me,,

but hey this site will get me through it ,,

thank you all again ,,

tevor:)