PDA

View Full Version : the vibratings back!!! grrrrrr!

xfilme
26-05-09, 14:08
Ok so I thought it had gone due to stopping my expectorant that causes shaking.... it disappeared for two days and now its back again. I went to the doctors a second time about it and he spent ages checking my lungs and heart and said they were both fine and it must be anxiety!

I have had this for weeks now. Its a hard sensation to describe unless you have personally experienced it. It feels like im trembling, but only on the inside of my body and not the outside. It could be a vibrating diaphragm, caused by anxiety like my doc suggested, but the trembling goes throughout my entire body. Its almost like i can feel every muscle and organ in my body buzzing. Its felt from my head to my knees mostly, but most commonly in my chest, abdomen and thigh muscles.

I do not drink a lot of alcohol. I dont drink a lot of coffee. I eat decent food with a good nutritional balance. I do not feel anxious. I have had anxiety since I was a kid, but Ive never experienced this before. It feels like I have a cat purring inside my body.....

Should I be worried? I dont know anymore. Ive tried worrying... and ive tried ignoring it.... but it wont go away. Whats going on? Anyone got any suggestions for me?

21girl
26-05-09, 16:53
hey hun, i get this - mainly on a morning. I find if i alter my body position and read or do something to take my mind off it it gradually goes away

all my love xx

judipat
26-05-09, 19:21
Hi

I had this the other night in bed and I've had it before. I was feeling very anxious and panicky when I went to bed and just knew I would'nt settle easily and then the inner shaking started. I know its frightening, but the trick is, not to add 2nd fear (as Claire Weeks advises!). I just sat up and read for a while until I could'nt keep my eyes open any longer.
I was fine in the morning which really proves to me that its anxiety like all the other symptoms.
Hope you feel better
Judi

lesleya
26-05-09, 19:29
Hi
I get this too with the peri-menopause 'internal shakes' and its a little scary at first but now i know whats causing it i try to focus on something else because i know it will eventually go away like judipat says if you can try to distract yourself doing something...i watch a funny dvd or something and it does help
Hope your feeling better
xxx

agent orange
26-05-09, 20:27
yes i get it too, had it for years now. I hated it at first, now i'm used to it, but i still hate it.

justbananas
26-05-09, 21:42
if it feels like a cell phone on vibrate strapped to your leg, chest, arms, whatever.. yeah i get this. we all do. it is anxiety even if you aren't anxious.. and i just started getting it this year but have been anxious for years. i think i've just worn my system down to the point where it's on overdrive. i get it in weird spots, sometimes throughout my body, but sometimes only my right chest, left leg, etc.

justbananas
26-05-09, 21:43
anyone else get this in weird locations?

Kraggy
26-05-09, 21:54
I recall getting similar vibrations on my eye lids, I dont remember exactly which eye, but I do know I've had it a couple of times...

21girl
26-05-09, 22:15
ive had it in my eyelids, partiulcarly when i try to meditate!! xx