PDA

View Full Version : Failed my driving Test.

Deepest Blue
26-05-09, 15:34
After all the hard work and preparing myself mentally, I failed my test due to silly stupid errors because of my anxiety got in the way. I rushed everything and I made too many little faults that mounted up into a fail. I actually felt calm beforehand which was really odd but I think once I was driving with someone different I just felt too anxious to keep myself steady and I think it came through in my driving. I am sure I will try again at some point although I am left wondering how I can improve because at the moment I don't know how to.

Thanks for reading.

21girl
26-05-09, 16:37
sorry that you failed hun, i didnt pass my 1st time either - people who do (no disrespect!) are jammy :P hehe.

keep your chin up,
all my love xx

amandaj
26-05-09, 16:42
always another time dont feel to down about it . i passed 2nd time you will aswell x

Deepest Blue
26-05-09, 17:14
Thanks for the lovely responses, oddly enough I don't feel upset, just a little overwhelmed by it all, I actually thought I drove OK to be honest, you just have to be so perfect and not get a single thing wrong, the standard is so so high. When my instructor looked at my results even she was miffed about some of the things I was marked down on like I was. Oh well, onwards and upwards, I don't feel disheartened because I felt I did OK, better than expected as I thought I would fall to bits but I didn't.

Lol 21girl, I think passing first time is quite rare these days and if you do I think a lot has to do with a combination of a lot of things going right on the day. I wouldn't say it went really badly for me today, I just think my anxiety made me rush things a bit too much, the whole thing felt quite overwhelming.

21girl
26-05-09, 17:26
Aww :(

I know hun, i failed for stopping when someone ran into the road - what was i suppose to do run them over!!!! xx

Deepest Blue
26-05-09, 17:37
Aww :(

I know hun, i failed for stopping when someone ran into the road - what was i suppose to do run them over!!!! xx

Gosh I had a similar thing! I was driving as normal and the car in front stopped very sudden at a pedestrian crossing which made me do the same, my examiner said I spotted it too late and thought I should have reacted sooner, a bit harsh because I thought under the circumstances (on a test and already feel nervous) I reacted perfectly well to the danger! Just their interpretation of it. It still was a good experience and I did enjoy it and I still believe I am a good driver, I just think today wasn't meant to be my time.

Deepest Blue
26-05-09, 18:09
One thing I have learn't from this experience is to never give up. The moment the examiner told me I had failed, for a split second I said to myself "oh well, that's that then" and made things worse by my instructer taking me home instead of letting me drive. When I got in my house, I didn't burst into tears, I just pondered on what just happened over the last couple of hours and I thought to myself, "yes, I still have that challange, that goal is still there to be achieved", I feel that if you don't have challanges and goals in life then what's the point, and another thing, if you achieve them to early then that can be a bad thing too, look at how badly managed people are who are famous who can't appreciate or look after their own lives because they have no real goal to aim for. Too much too soon is very bad I think. Another example, I know someone who passed their test first time (wasn't expecting to) and he now curses it, keeps saying to me that he wished he wasn't driving and that he finds it boring that he has to drive in "certain" ways to entertain himself. That's just a prime example of how not to treat something that you have achieved in life, for him I think too early. Another friend at work, his son as lost his licence because after passing it at 18, he just wanted to just drive around like a mad person so he now has to take the licence again. So for these people, it wasn't their time, they shouldn't have passed because the challange has gone thus not really appreciating the hard work and effort that's require. I failed today because I wanted it so badly but this worked against me because it put myself under more pressure thus my anxiety increased. I know what to do next time, I would rather have found this out now than pass first time and increasing the risk of causing an accident or losing my licence due to disrespecting my achievement.

The challange is still there, is still alive and as long as we still have challanges in life it reminds us that we still have our aims to reach, be it passing a test, ridding ourselves of anxiety, whatever it is, once we reach that goal we work on the next one. I think the danger being when there is nothing left to fight for.

spaced
26-05-09, 18:31
sorry to hear it didn't go very well :hugs: i'm sure next time will be better not many people pass first time:hugs: :hugs:

mumof4
26-05-09, 19:34
im sorry about ur test hun i passed my 3rd time dont give up get bk in there and take another test thats what i did.

im sure u will pass the next time

MissiD
26-05-09, 20:53
Sorry to hear you didn't make it this time. As has already been mentioned, the next time round you'll be more prepared for what to expect in the test. It's good that you see this as a challenge yet to be achieved. That's very positive :hugs:
x