PDA

View Full Version : Calling all ladies on the pill......

lindzanne
26-05-09, 20:56
So i just started the pill, and havent been on anything like this for about 10 years. While I do think it's contributing slightly to my anxiety, I think right now (after talks with my shrink and medical doc) it's better for me to be on it than off.
What I would like to know, and I think this could be helpful to all of us who are on the pill and have health anxiety, is what kind of side effects people have experienced. Of course they tell you what to expect but I believe this list is very general, and my lifelong experience has been when you ask if this could be happening docs say oh no, that doesnt happen, because they just want you to be protected. (The reason I went off the pill 10 yrs ago was severe depression, the doc said it could not possibly be causing that-guess how much better I felt after I went off.) But the range of weird side effects is pretty interesting once you start asking women.
So here are a few things Ive been experiencing-
intermittent cramps, in specific spots, they feel like menstrual cramps but are in one place, and do move around but ebb and flow throughout the month but get worse the closer to my sugar pills
pinching in my ovaries, one side more than the other, the side I usually ovulate on when not on the pill, again closer to my sugar pills
really bad back pain
intermittent nausea that gets worse toward the end of my pack
thrush like symptoms without full blown thrush-just the external symptoms-redness and itchiness
unusually colored (darker yellowish/brown-no smell or other symptoms, not thrush) and thicker discharge, again, close to the sugar pill time
spotting
waaaaay worse PMS
migraines during period
I am almost done with my 2nd month of lo ovral. believe me, ive tried a few different types and so far this is the LEAST of the side effects I have ever experienced.
I would also be interested in hearing from women with endo and their experience on the pill.
Please answer, I thank anyone who responds, I think this can be a helpful resource for all of us who have anxiety over medications, I know it will really help me to hear your experiences!
Thanks in advance ladies!:winks:

miss diagnosis
27-05-09, 09:15
here are mine

Stomach pain
hair loss
thrush symptoms
constipation around period time
weight gain
no libido
vaginal dryness

Im on lyognon. changed from yasmin cos of no sex drive and this isnt a great improvement!

xfilme
27-05-09, 10:13
I have been taking the microgynon 30 contraceptive pill for 17 years. I have never experienced any side effects. Infact, I actually feel worse when I come off them as they help prevent my mastits in my breasts returning x

kathy.x
27-05-09, 15:28
i am on microgynon 30 contraceptive pill also and have never experienced side effects also luckily, been on it for about 2 years now.