PDA

View Full Version : A tough time... Someone say something nice? :)

NoPoet
26-05-09, 22:40
Hi all, I'm having a tough time with anxiety at the moment, it is not as bad as it used to be but I am feeling it more of the time.

I tried to "go it alone" over the weekend to see if I could recover without getting as much support from friends and NMP and I found it a rocky road to say the least.

I know that in the grand scheme I am getting better... I just need some reassurance, I feel like a kicked dog :(

melody
26-05-09, 22:50
Hi,

Good work on having a break. I know it can feel like it's one step forwards, 2 back, but u said it's better than it used to be so u can be proud of how far you have come. I like the Homer Simpson line, it's about the conscience, but it works for anxiety. Laughs. "Your conscious, are you going to let that weeny guy tell you what to do???"

Hugs & pats for poor little doggy. A kicked dog is in need of nurturing love every day so it can recover. I think all of us here are trying to replace feelings of self despising with fondness & acceptance of ourselves.

Be happy :)

Melody

mau
26-05-09, 22:51
Hey PP:hugs:

No words of wisdom to offer.

Well done to you for 'trying to go it alone'

Don't look upon it as a failure but more as a TRIAL run.

becca08
27-05-09, 10:07
hi

as you put yourself, you are alot better then you used to be, and this will continue, just belive in yourself

NoPoet
27-05-09, 11:58
Thanks everyone... I suppose this is just another "blip"... I took an online PHQ test to gauge my depression and scored the minimum result, but then I re-took it as if I was still the way I was 2 months ago, and it told me I needed urgent help. Why do I scare myself like this!!

bottleblond
27-05-09, 16:03
Hi poet

Sorry you're not feeling to great at the moment hun!
I really hope things improve for you soon
Love Lisa
xxx

:bighug1:

lorac
27-05-09, 17:13
Hi Poet

I think as you go forward with the anxiety and a blip comes along it seems to hit harder, I say that through experience. Hang in ther Poet because you will come out of this and things will look brighter again soon. Your are doing fine so just ride the blip through.

Big hugs to you Poet

Carol x

NoPoet
30-05-09, 10:49
Thanks everyone! That was a tough "blip" to get through but I think that the blips seem worse because I am starting to face up to my worst problems. Carol is right, as we move forward with our recovery the blips can seem worse, probably because we are hitting our anxiety head-on.

I'm going to keep going, I am going to beat this!!