PDA

View Full Version : I might have swallowed glass - major panic

dragonfly
27-05-09, 03:33
Tonight whilst eating dinner I felt something hard and crunchy in my mouth. When I spat it out I saw it was glass from a dish lid that had broken the previous day. I'm pretty sure I got it all out of my mouth and I rinsed with water and brushed my teeth. My mouth was fine - no cuts or anything and the piece of glass I found was smaller than a grain of rice but now I am freaking out thinking that maybe I swallowed some. I know I'm working myself into a panic attack so someone please tell me they swallowed glass and didn't die or I'll never be able to sleep tonight.

xBettyBoopx
27-05-09, 03:42
Hi dragon

Yes, I have swallowed glass before & I freaked out. It was only a small piece, I felt it as it went down. That was quite a few years ago & I am still here.:)

I don't think that you swallowed any because you would have felt it, but even if you did, it would have been a very small bit, like I did, & won't harm you, I promise.

I know you are getting into a panic & it's understandable, but please be reassured even if you did swallow a small piece, it won't hurt.

When I get into a state, I do anything I can to try & forget it, play some of the games, but mostly try hard to relax. As Dr Weekes says "LOOSEN & ACCEPT".

Tomorrow you will realise that everything is ok, I wish it was 2moro already for you, because I know how bad the panic hits & how worried you are.

Els

lauren6
27-05-09, 03:43
Hi dragonfly, I think you would have felt the glass in your throat and you didn't. I had the same thing happen with a fishbone and totally freaked out because I felt it irritate my throat as it went down. I must have passed it because it never bothered me. The throat and esophagus is very tender so the fact that you didn't feel anything sharp going down is a good sign. If you feel anything different, go to the ER and they can x-ray you real quickly. I think you'll be ok though!

dragonfly
27-05-09, 03:54
Thank you so much guys. I didn't feel anything sharp when I swallowed and I was okay with it for a while but then I started to freak and I know I shouldn't but I googled swallowing glass and of course that made it all so much worse and the panic really set in. I got the fluttery heart and the sweaty palms and I couldn't breathe - then I found this website and suddenly realized I wasn't alone! Thanks for reassuring me.

xBettyBoopx
27-05-09, 04:09
Sorry dragon didn't realise you were new.

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee66/ms9267/Welcome%20to%20the%20Group/welcome-7.jpg

Hope you are feeling less panicky & get a good nights sleep.

Els

valleybear
27-05-09, 10:38
I swallowed a little piece of glass and didn't die!!! I expect you haven't but even if you have it must have been tiny... so will be fine. Welcome to the dste and hope you are feeling calmer now.:welcome: