PDA

View Full Version : thyroids and low blood pressure!

kt
30-08-05, 20:01
Hi,
just wanted to know if anyone else suffers with an over active thyroid and low blood pressure.
My blood pressure is at the lower end of normal and since finding this out i have felt really anxious.
I also have an over active thyroid, diagnosed by a kinesiologist, which i will go to the doctors about.
My anxiety has soared over the last few days and i feel dizzy even when sitting down. Is this normal?
Has anyone else had these problems and how did they make you feel?
Thanks, kt xx

Be gentle and you will need no strength, be patient and you will achieve all things.

Meg
30-08-05, 22:21
My blood pressure is in its boots and generally its a very good thing- just have to be careful not to stand uop too quickly or out of hot bath or will get light headed very easily

The thyroid - get a blood test before really fretting and even if you do - the two are probably not connected and it can be sorted out easily.

If you weren't dizzy before but are now - thats anxiety for you ..

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

kt
31-08-05, 11:48
Hi Meg,
thankyou so much for your reply. I was prescribed by the kinesiologist ionic zinc and vitamin B12, feeling better already.
My blood pressure was always normal so panicked when they said it was low, but probably explains the dizziness.
Do you know if your thyroids can rectify themselves?
thanks again, kt x

Be gentle and you will need no strength, be patient and you will achieve all things.

Meg
31-08-05, 14:07
Yes it does explain the dizziness.

You can something called 'adrenal exhaustion' where you adrenals start playing up without actually being knackered- a sign that they needed some supplements to help during a difficult time -= rather than they were ill...Maybe thyroid is the same thing.

This was a Kinesiologist term and not one that my GP subscribed too but my levels were pathologically fine so its worth getting the real blood test and seeing that result before using it as a diagnosis .

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

mumof4
31-08-05, 15:18
i used to have low blood pressure when my anxiety was it ats worse at one time it was 98/50 now its 118/70 which ive heard is good.

Meg
31-08-05, 16:27
Spot on Taylor .. text book stuff !!

mumof4
01-09-05, 10:36
thank goodeness there is something normall about me lol