PDA

View Full Version : had a bad night

magpie girl
27-05-09, 09:49
Just dozed off to sleep last night ,then 10 mins later i was bolt upright in full blown panic.Im not sure if its the escitalipram i have just started taking,but boy do i feel rough.It feels like ive taken a few punches to the upper body,and im weak all over.I am very anxious and jittery yet i know i have nothing to worry about,I get annoyed with myself for not being able to calm myself even though i know it will all pass.

MOJO
27-05-09, 09:54
I had the worst panic attack ever the first night I took citalopram (something like your med?). It was awful. I never took it again, but I know lots of people do well with it when they get used to it.
I am in a state this morning as well. (most mornings to be honest) Just can't calm down, shaking the lot. I also have nothing to worry about so I know it's unreasonable to feel like this...tell that to the panic though!

magpie girl
27-05-09, 10:14
its much easier to reassure someone else,its a nightmare getting myself to listen to me !!!!!!!im still sat in my pjs and i have no energy,i have a million things to do,the parrots are shouting for breakfast and need cleaning,but i get jittery when i think of it. no chance of peace in this house today,i just hope it wears off soon

valleybear
27-05-09, 10:25
Sending hugs magpie girl....I know too well what a morning after a bad PA in the night feels like. Be extra kind to yourself today and only do what you need to do. It's a miserable day anyway and there is tennis on the TV.!!!

12ema
27-05-09, 11:04
It's one of the scariest things when the panic just comes out of nowhere an u feel like theres no reason for it. i had a bad night too just couldnt stop worrying but i havent a clue what a was worrying about its so strange!just couldnt switch my mind off then this morning had a panic attack just couldnt stop shaking and thinking why am i having a panic attack when iv been doin better the last couple of days.its very confusing an frustrating. But you just got to realise no matter how anxious you get it cannot and will never harm you.and it will always pass.

magpie girl
27-05-09, 17:08
well i still felt jittery and anxious untill dinner time,so i gave in and took 0.5mg of lorazepam and went to bed im so exausted i just wanted to sleep,managed to get 2 hrs but i fell terrible

mdLc
27-05-09, 17:36
Hi..
I had the bad side effects when starting my meds a few weeks back and I called my doctor to tell him that my symptoms were getting worse and that I didnt want to continue taking them, he assurred me that these were all side effects that will pass and I continued taking the meds...

after the 2nd week all my symptoms disapeared and my anxiety and panic level was down tremendously...

my advise to you would be talk to your doctor and see if your bad night could have been related to the pill.sometimes these kinds of meds make it feel like they are doing worse than good.

If your doc tells you to keep taking the meds then keep on..the way I looked at it was meds or no meds I was still panicing and feeling anxious and bad so why not.

once you get enough into your system you will notice a change.:)