PDA

View Full Version : Postpartum Depression and Panic Attacks

Marquis
27-05-09, 13:03
Hi,
I have recently disovered that i am suffering from postpartum depression. Its different from the baby blues because it can happen months or even years after you have had a baby. I have a beautiful 21 months old baby boy and my fears of my child hood haunted me. I thought i was going to hurt my baby or some one else might. Fortunately neither of that happened. I was not sleeping and worrying so much i started to have panic attacks. I could not leave my house for months. The doctor gave me antidepresants but they did not agree with me. I did try serval more before i gave up.I decided to do research and i felt better that i was not alone and it is quite common. First i had to accept i was ill and needed help. So i started to take control because i felt i was not in control of my life. I had 6 weeks of counselling, that really helped me. Even though my first session lasted 10min because i had a panic attack. The lady i had was so nice and she understood everything. Herbal remiedies work for me better. I take Asphalia for my sleep. A good vitamin B complex is esstential. I do regular exercise, pilates. I try to eat well. I have cut out coffee, tea and alcohol. I am still struggling with chocolate. I have told my friends and family so they can understand and help me when i am having my bad days. I am starting to feel alive again. So for all of you out there, time is a healer, be paitent, love yourself. Get plenty of rest. Don't worry about the dishes or the hoovering. It will sill be there tommorrow. Put on your lipstick. And just step out the front door if thats all you can do for now.:)

guardian angel
27-05-09, 19:02
Marquis,
what a great post to read, well done on all the healing so far. Can I suggest Zinc and omega oils on top of the B vits (if I'm allowed on here). Baby takes some of our essential oils from our brains if we don't have enough floating around our body for them to have to build their own brains so restocking postpartum is a good idea :)
Hope you continue onwards and upwards.
Hayles

Thumbelina
28-05-09, 09:24
Marquis,

My kids are 5 and 6 and I am still recovering of the full bunch of staff that happened after my deliveries.
I had postnatal and postpartum and now GAD and PTSD and depression :0

Well the good thing like you said aknowledgement of the problem and finding the solution.
I hate the most when i have the days when my emotions are allover the place - I find it very difficult to cope with that. Crying, moody and etc....
4 years ago i didnt know about www sites like this - otherwise i think i would have been on the recovery way faster.

Take care and you are not alone.

Thumbelina
28-05-09, 09:25
Marquis,

My kids are 5 and 6 and I am still recovering of the full bunch of staff that happened after my deliveries.
I had postnatal and postpartum and now GAD and PTSD and depression :0

Well the good thing like you said aknowledgement of the problem and finding the solution.
I hate the most when i have the days when my emotions are allover the place - I find it very difficult to cope with that. Crying, moody and etc....
4 years ago i didnt know about www sites like this - otherwise i think i would have been on the recovery way faster.

Take care and you are not alone.

duskess
30-05-09, 22:53
Hello and :welcome: to NMP , take care d x :flowers: