PDA

View Full Version : scared to go back to work

deb-22
27-05-09, 20:46
Im having real anxiety....its wednesday and Im off sick (acute anxiety) and got to go back to work on Monday Ive been dreaming of going back and waking up with panic Im not sure if to ask my GP for another week or try to go back . If I stay at home I will be on my own and thats when the negative thoughts start...... not sure what to do x:weep:

coulson1
27-05-09, 22:21
Hi deb, i suffer with social anxiety and i am due to go back to work tommorow after being off for 1 week holiday. I am too feeling very anxious about this however i feel that if i really really push myself ( and believe me i know this is easier said than done) the situation is never as bad as i imagine it will be in my head. I have been off sick in the past due to my anxiety and i honestly feel that some times it is worse avoiding the situation as i often feel depressed and worthless and that i have let myself and others down. Why not go in on Monday and if it is really bad you can always go back to your GP...at least you will have tried. My thoughts are with you....let me know how you get on. Kaye xxxx

Lion King
28-05-09, 20:40
Hi deb-22,

Some good advice given, avoidance can make you worse as the problem is never as big as you really think, the anxiety plays heavily on your doubts and insecurities and the more you get sucked into the fear the stronger the anxiety can become. I had quite a bit of time of with anxiety and stress as physically I was incapable of working, shakiness, overly tense, palpitations etc... These symptoms all resulted from avoiding situations that I thought I couldn't handle, but I had never tried so never knew, how can you judge yourself if you are unwilling to test yourself!! I found I needed time off to put me into a better frame of mind and get to the route of my stress, with time I am finally getting there and looking to face my stressors head on!!!

I know its difficull I have been there!

Lion King