PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm new

dragonfly
27-05-09, 20:50
Hi everyone ~ I'm new here and posted last night when I was in a panic about possibly having swallowed glass but I'm feeling much better today and thought I should briefly introduce myself. I think I've suffered with anxiety my whole life but have had panic attacks for the last 12 years after I was in a horrific accident. I seem to go through phases when they are so bad that I hardly leave my house but then other times I feel better. I've never been on medication for my anxiety/panic and sometimes when its bad I consider talking to my doctor but then I get too nervous. Anyway I'm glad that there are others out there and I'm not alone.

Veronica H
27-05-09, 23:22
:welcome: Dragonfly.There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes called 'self help for your nerves', published by Thorsons. This is available from the NMP Shop. Her work can also be downloaded free to your computer or MP3 from the shop. I can not recommend this enough as it really explains what is happening to us, and how we can recover. I have always been an anxious worrier. but was only diagnosed with panic anxiety last year. I am probably 80% recovered thanks to Dr Weekes and the support and advice I have received at NMP. This will get better.

Veronica

GAD
27-05-09, 23:27
welcome dragonfly - i have been a member on here for a good while and although i dont visit for long periods (better periods if you like) its always here, a fall back! its excellent and i can honestly say that i have had more reasurance from this site than any professional i have been referred to.
welcome from me!
GAD.x

gemma.l
28-05-09, 00:05
I know how you feel. I am finding it very difficult to leave the area I live in at the minute. Last year I didnt have a single panic attack and this year they are coming back to haunt me... I'm reading a book at the minute called Present moment awareness by shannon duncan.. its really good and it might help :) x

duskess
30-05-09, 22:43
Hello and Welcome to NMP , lots of help advice and understanding here glad you found us , take care :welcome: d x