PDA

View Full Version : im sick of this now...

biffa
27-05-09, 21:58
iv been ill for just over a month.

been to A and E numerous times, walk in centre and docs.
got told it was a viral infection, plurisy and then finally probably anxiety.

iv had bloods, urine test (showing blood in it so have been given antibiotics), an ECG and a chest x-ray. all okay.

my main symptoms where struggling to breathe and dizzyness. some chest pain but this went. and some headachey feelings regarding feeling pressure in my head which has gone better,

now in the last 4 days, iv got a sore throat, coughing.
i've had enough of this now.

now im paranoid iv got bloody swine flu.

help me people.:shrug:

nataliean1982
27-05-09, 23:29
i get all of these symptoms when my anxiety starts acting up. actually my anxiety usually starts with these symptoms and then gradually picks up 1,000 more symptoms.

Wee-Mee
27-05-09, 23:30
^^ hey honey,I agree there..I get the same..and then some once I have noticed!

I really hope you feel better soon love
xxxxxxx

mummyto4
28-05-09, 00:11
I havent had plurisy, but all of your other symptoms i have had with a flu that I have at the moment. NHS website is saying if you have flu but HAVE NOT BEEN TO MEXICO, OR BEEN IN CONTACT WITH ANYONE THAT HAS BEEN TO MEXICO OR A PERSON KNOWN TO HAVE SWINE FLU THEN DON'T WORRY. Its just seasonal flu. Also, do you suffer with hay fever at all? could this could be adding to any symptoms you have. I have a horrible cough now but can tell that I am getting better. I have had some dizziness today but I can feel that my ears are blocked probably from all the gunk from the snotty nose though. sorry tmi. Hope you feel better soon.
xx

mummyto4
28-05-09, 00:18
just to add, it is a nightmare time to get the flu or cold at the moment with all the media attention surrounding swine flu so its in peoples minds a lot. Even my husband asked me if what I had was swine flu! I just laughed. This is why I posted it on here that there was a flu bug going around as I know there are a few people worried. It is just flu, my friends daughter has had this flu too and apparently had it really really bad for 3 weeks. I am in my 3rd week with it now and its still very clearly obvious that I am not well. (makes you look awful too) Try not worry but if you are still really concerned, maybe some reassurance from your gp? I'm sure they would understand your concerns.
xx

icicledreamz
28-05-09, 00:47
I went to the doctor with some of those symtptoms, mostly the struggling to breathe lightheadedness, some chest pain.. she told me since ive had anxiety i've changed my breathing patterns. It's called hyperventalation syndrome, its where your body has to much oxygen in the blood, and so your body doesnt want to breathe anymore oxygen in, she suggested a paper bag to breathe into to get normal levels of carbon dioxide back.
Im not sure if thats what u have, but it could be a possibility.

Pressure in the head sounds like some form of sinus infection, it could even cause the sore throat from having post-nasal drip.