PDA

View Full Version : any teachers?

jean-paul
27-05-09, 23:03
hello everyone,

I have been suffering from panic attacks, gad and bits of depression as a result fot two years.
i've just got an interview for a secondary scholl english PGCE. I was just wondering if there were any other teachers here and how they find teaching has helped/hindered their condition. I am really worried that I wont be able to cope and that the anxiety will dictate that I can't do it even though it's something I really want to do.
Any advice/help?

Jean-Paul

GAD
27-05-09, 23:17
Hi There Jean - paul
I have done my PGCE but teach in FE. I understand completly. In this situation my anxiety actually pushed me further believe it or not - if you need any encouragement pls pm me.
GAD.

Stressed32
27-05-09, 23:30
I am a teacher. I find my anxiety makes teaching very hard on days that it is bad. I can't focus and I just want to be online reading this site. However....I also find that teaching takes my mind off of my anxiety! I hate summer and really think the kids help to keep my mind off of the other crap. It is only hard during down time when they are all working at their desks and I have not much to do. Good luck...and I would say do it! It is VERY rewarding!