PDA

View Full Version : Sore throat again

Lissy43
28-05-09, 07:19
A few weeks ago my right side of throat was abit sore ten i ended up with laryngitis, within a week i was ok, just a dry cough.

Last night i noticed down the tube under right ear/side of throat had a few smallissh sore glands. I woke in night and it hurts when i swallow, but more in my ear if u see what i mean?

I seem to get ill every few weeks, sinusitis, laryngitis etc- my life is busy, im a student nurse and i have young children. I take vitamins to give me a boost yet i still feel tired. I have low Ferritin so i take iron.

Why would my throat be sore again? I have a gp appointment in a week regarding a gynae referal so dnt wana go sooner really?had bloods end of march so surely cant be an under lying reason why its sore again but im abit worried:(

Trixie
28-05-09, 09:13
Have you actually worked on the wards yet?

Lissy43
28-05-09, 12:30
Yes been on the wards for a month now.

Trixie
28-05-09, 19:16
Yes been on the wards for a month now.

You then can become vulnerable to all sorts of things such as colds etc. When I started nursing I use to get all sorts of sore throats and colds. I picked up dysentery once a small child who had it pulled my mask off my face and her finger touched my lip. I was off work for 6 months.

Also if the wards are hot this can be a pain as well.

Daisybun
28-05-09, 19:17
I have had exactly the same thing. Started with a cold in April, then went on to sinusitis, got better then came back. had antibiotics, then got a bit better. Now I have a raging sore throat and swoeen glands in my neck - 6 weeks. I am coming off my meds and i am trying not to panic again and get anxious - so try not to worry I think there is something going around.

Lissy43
28-05-09, 20:03
Thanks,

The GP did say that as I work in a hospital I am bound to become ill during my first year. I have had one thing after another though since christmas when i had sinusitis.

I do worry why I am always ill.

Trixie
28-05-09, 21:23
Thanks,

The GP did say that as I work in a hospital I am bound to become ill during my first year. I have had one thing after another though since christmas when i had sinusitis.

I do worry why I am always ill.

You will see patients with very severe illnesses and all of a sudden you will forget about your own problems.:flowers:

Lissy43
28-05-09, 21:32
I already have and it does make you realise just how lucky you are.

I know deep down I am healthy, my full bloods recently were fine etc.. so there is no reason to worry why I am ill frequently, it is just me, the way I am;-) The courage the people have that I look after is just amazing and they light up my day:-)