PDA

View Full Version : I feel differnt

bryan2399
31-08-05, 05:47
I was diagnosed with depression and panic dissorder 4 months ago, Ive been taking 20 mg paxil and it has helped my panic but I still feel weird time to time. I have felt this way before I started my paxil. I think I narrowed it down. When I take a nap, the next day I start feeling weird and it will last for 2 to 3 weeks. I feel dizzy, body is numb, hard to concentrate, head is very congested, weak, what is going on?

bryan

eeyorelover
31-08-05, 06:00
hi Bryan-
sorry to hear you're not feeling well.
I know that I get the dizzy,numb body, hard to concentrate,weak thing when I am in panic. Not sure how you mean that your head is congested but I know that I get alot of excess mucus (sorry I know it's gross) from panic.
Hope you feel better soon.

Sandy
(eeyorelover)

in1peace
31-08-05, 06:32
Hi Bryan!
Don't know if this helps any, but my head feels fuzzy too when I'm in the early stages of a panic. It feels like I can't focus or something. I also start feeling paranoid about my vision. I wear glasses or contact lenses and when I'm in a panicky state, it feels like I can't see, even though I clearly can (no pun intended). My hearing also starts to go. I find myself asking people to repeat themselves. Once the panic is over, I can hear just fine. I know that doesn't make any sense, but panic really doesn't make any sense. Have you thought about having your medication switched? I'm taking zoloft, which is really helping. I understand Effexor is especially good for panic. I've used Paxil myself and it didn't do a thing for my anxiety, even though it's supposed to.
Hang in there!
Andrea

"Honey, if ya ain't feelin' the bumps in the road, ya ain't goin' nowhere!" (A wise Georgia Granny's take on living life to the fullest! LOL!)

Meg
31-08-05, 13:26
Hello Bryan

What you're describing is a collection of very usual anxiety / panic symptoms.

Have a read round here and the home pages and you'll find a few similar stories and symptoms

Eyes and ears are very commonly affected

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

nomorepanic
31-08-05, 18:10
Bryan

Sounds very familar to me.

Welcome aboard the forum by the way.

Have a read of this ... www.nomorepanic.co.uk/firststeps

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

seh1980
31-08-05, 18:47
Welcome aboard Bryan!! :)

What you're describing is very normal so don't worry. They are classic anxiety symptoms. :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal