PDA

View Full Version : Skin 'C'Fear, Dry and Red spot.

Kraggy
28-05-09, 14:16
So I woke up this morning feeling pretty normal, when I walked down the stairs I suddenly noticed a slight pain on my leg skin.

I looked at it and it was a red spot, about 2 inches in diameter it was very dry & the skin seemed to be a bit loose. Its painfull to the touch to.

This got me really worried that it is some kind of fast spreading 'C' :(

Does anyone know what it can be? :(

lauren6
28-05-09, 15:13
Kraggy, skin cancer does not present itself this way at all, and certainly not suddenly. Could be eczema or a rash. Do you have a dermatologist?

Kraggy
28-05-09, 15:25
Thats great to hear, Lauren.

No I do not have a Dermatologist, unfortionatly. However I do have an appointment with the Family Doctor for tomorrow, it was for another issue, but I hope he doesn't mind that I squeeze in this little questions.

I question though, doesn't Rash & Eczeme spread over a very large area? this is just a small spot 1-2 inches in diameter ^^

Thank you for your comment & support!

miss diagnosis
28-05-09, 15:55
hi kraggy

read my red patch on boob post!

xfilme
28-05-09, 15:57
you say it is a small spot but also say it is 1-2 inches. Are you getting confused with the size? this is about 1 1/2 inches <--------------------> are you saying the patch is this big? or do you mean cm's? 1 1/2 cm's being about this big <------->.

Kraggy
28-05-09, 16:00
Hrmsh guess im a bit confused about the size indeed, it is more like 1.5 CM's yes, it looks like a bit of a burn mark, or well a healing burnmark, Diffirent colours, its not all to clearly visable though, only if you look at it closely. But I find it to be quite scary :(

As for Miss Diagnosis, I did check it but your boyfriend said it looked like a mole? This in no way resembles a mole, and if it is one, then I'd get even more frightened hehe.

Thank you all. :bighug1:

mummyto4
28-05-09, 16:01
Hello,
right, it clearly isn't a mole so that rules out a melanoma! now, there are other skin cancers (not life threatening), lesion type things. I had/have one and what your describing does not sound like what I had/have. Its your HA doing this to you hun. Stop worrying. It will go away.

xfilme
28-05-09, 17:05
Nothing much will happen in a week regardless of what it is, so why not tell yourself that you will only decide to worry about it if its still there in a weeks time. more than likely in that time it will disappear. x

Wee-Mee
28-05-09, 17:36
Hi hun,it could be a little dry patch of eczema..I had very bad eczema when I was a child and although it is basically away,sometimes I still get an itch here or there and it can just be alittle small patch as you describe.

Please don't worry but if it is really bothering you,see about it! The doc may just give you a little steroid cream to put oni t and voila.peachy smooth leg again ;)
xxxxx

miss diagnosis
28-05-09, 18:13
ah you didnt read till the end. i went to the doctor and he said it was a skin rash. nothing at all!

Kraggy
28-05-09, 22:41
Thank you all very much

I was thinking it was a small patch of Eczema to..but theres one thing missing...

It doesn't itch at all, its just painfull..

Kraggy
29-05-09, 14:36
Well I just got back from the doctor, And I got the usuall nothing to worry about. He checked my ears (I've been having stings in there) Said it all looked fine. Then he had a quick look at the weird patch of skin, and he said "Its just a patch of dry skin, nothing to worry about." He then gave me a creme for rashes that I have to apply twice a day thinly and if it isn't gone in 2 weeks I have to come back. lets hope for the best then. Thank you all for your comments & support.

robelros
01-06-09, 18:04
glad to hear it!