PDA

View Full Version : Lexapro?

Phill2
31-08-05, 09:46
Hi Guys
My Dr has suggested Lexapro but when I tried Aropax some years ago I had a major panic attack and now I'm scared of antidepressants.
Has anyone got any success stories or tips I might find useful?
Thanks
Phill

mjh74
31-08-05, 10:54
Hi there Phill,

I've been taking Cipralex which is it's brand name over here, for about 5 months now and it's been a real help. I've had some not so pleasant experiences with some of the other antidepressants too but this one has been very good for me. My GP started me on 5mg to ease me onto it, I took it after eating breakfast and the only side affects I experienced was some fatigue after taking the pill for the first week. I did feel a bit edgy too but as long as I did something it was ok. I was then moved to 10mg the next month, stayed on that for a few months then up to 20mg and I'm now feeling a lot better than I did. It's a real help for the anxiety and my mood is good too!

I hope this help,

Best Wishes,

Mark

Phill2
31-08-05, 10:58
Thanks Mark
Do you know if I can still continue diazepam with it?
Phill

Yesterday's History,Tomorrows A Mystery,Today Is A Gift - Thats Why They Call It The Present

mjh74
31-08-05, 11:13
Yes, I took Diazepam for about 3 months with it, especially in the early stages of taking Lexapro, I don't need it anymore though :)

Mark

Phill2
31-08-05, 11:21
Thats really great! I'm gonna need my crutch to go through with it
Thanks
Phill

Phill2
15-09-05, 11:00
Hi Guys
Thanks for all the help and advice.
I took my 1st 5mg of Lexapro this morning and felt like I was wrapped in cotton wool for a couple of hours but felt good at the same time.
Bit edgy and dizzy this arvo but I put that down to being bored and having nothing else to think about.
Today was my day off so it's back to work tomorrow and a deal to negotiate.
I'll be taking my Lex again so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be OK to do the deal.
Fingers crossed
Phill

Yesterday's History,Tomorrows A Mystery,Today Is A Gift - Thats Why They Call It The Present

Biggle
15-09-05, 15:28
Hi Jullip. Not that I want to throw the cat among the pigeons, but I found that after the first couple of days, I started to get big side effects - basically zombie-like states. So much so I wanted to stop taking it.

After asking for advice on here and from my doctor, I decided to stick with it, and after a couple of weeks the side effects subsided and after 4 weeks I felt quite a bit better within myself. My personal experience with this drug was very positive, and similar to the other poster, I was able to stop taking lorazepam on a regular basis almost straight away.

Coming off the drug was difficult too, but again, two weeks later, fine. And now having been off it for a while, I am in a better state that I was before the course had started.

Phill2
16-09-05, 02:13
Hi Biggle
Sorry to hear you had a rough time to start. My Dr is keeping me on diazepam until we get past the initial stages so hopefully that will help.
Phill

mjh74
16-09-05, 02:36
Hi Phil,

Just to let you know that being on this drug has allowed me to start back to work on theraputic hours as well as have a social life again. Stick with it mate.

Best Wishes,

Mark

Phill2
16-09-05, 03:49
Hi Mark
Thanks for the support. I'm currently working full time and I find it's a lot better than being stuck at home with too much time on my hands. Hang in - you'll get there
Phill

Phill2
05-10-05, 09:42
Hi mjh
How much diazepam were you taking?
My dr has said up to 25 mg/day is OK but I'm not so sure.
How much lexapro did you start on?
Thanks
Phill

Don't believe everything you think