PDA

View Full Version : carrying medication in hand luggage

emm-anj
28-05-09, 16:31
I'm supposed to be flying abroad soon - do the airlines give you any hassle if yo've got a load of pills in your hand luggage?

I've got diazepam, and beta bloackers and sleeping tabs

any replies - thanks!!

Angelai
29-05-09, 23:23
Hi!

I've always carried mine, never questioned. I haven't flown since

Angelai
29-05-09, 23:25
oops, hadn't quite finished!

I haven't flown since the rules changed though - all the clear bags and bottles for toiletries. You should be fine, call the airline if you want to be sure.

x

madelaine
30-05-09, 01:42
defo not av been carrying them for years have them labelled tho with ur name on them for piece of mind a fly out on sat u enjoy ur holiday

Rachel_123
01-06-09, 13:33
enjoy your holiday! im going to spain at the start of august, aaaah!

Jennifer Anne
01-06-09, 15:29
I would certainly get a letter from your GP saying what youre taking and how often you take it. USA can be a bit dodgy so i would always air on the side of caution.

x

sunshine-lady
01-06-09, 15:43
I take a lot of medication and wanted to carry it in my hand luggage to make sure I had them with me should my case go missing. I asked my Doctor if I needed a letter from him. He told me that I didn't need a letter and that each item of medication has to have the printed label with my name on it from the chemist. He said that as long as the label on the medication was the same name as on your passport, there wouldn't be a problem.

Hope you have a great holiday xxx