PDA

View Full Version : venlafaxine? feeling awfull

damopanther
28-05-09, 23:46
hi, just wandering if anyone has tried venlafaxine, was prescribed it yesterday after 5 years of cipralex and feel horrendous, and so going back on cipralex, i suffer from ocd, health anxiety, any advice is most welcome, take care, damo

nomorepanic
29-05-09, 18:44
Hi there

Have a look at this sub-forum ...

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=61

lostsoul
30-05-09, 12:18
Damopanther

In what way are you feeling awful, just out of interest did you just stop taking the cipralex just like that or have you been weened slowly off of it. If you quit cold turkey then perhaps you are feeling withdrawal effects from that as well as some start up effects of the venlafaxine. What dose have you been prescribed?

damopanther
30-05-09, 16:23
i stopped cipralex on the monday and started the venlafaxine on the wednesday(37.5), had worst anxiety ever, palpitations and breathlessness, went to see the doc on friday and now hes put me on 20mg of citalipram, which is senseless i know, i asked if i could go back on the cipralex, and he said no, really wanted to give venlafaxine a shot but couldnt last 2 days, you me be right about coming off one and on to another, anyway thanks for replying, and ill let you know how i get on, take care, damo

nicros
30-05-09, 19:31
Hi I have been on 75mg of venlafaxine for over 2 years now. I suffer from GAD, health anxiety and some OCD. I tried prozac and citalipram first and then eventually the Dr put me on 75mg venlafaxine. I think its great, I can sleep now, I have more energy, it has stopped my IBS symptoms and I don't run things over and over in my head anymore. When I started it I was fine but thats probably becauseI felt awful from trying other things first. After 3 or 4 days I noticed a difference and I'm still on them now, hope this helps, Nic

gwtitus
31-05-09, 18:42
I am on my second day of taking Venlofaxine. I have pretty bad GAD and social anxiety. I was on Lofepramine which seemed to have stopped being effective and am now reducing that while starting up on the Venlofaxine. I too am feeling pretty bad - not sure if it is down to reducing Lofepramine or starting on the Venlo...

Anxiety is through the roof today - such a beautiful day outside and would really like to sit out in the garden but I just can't bring myself to do it as my neighbours are out and the thought of having to interract with them fills me with dread. Hate myself for feeling like this - just no logic to it.

I am going to persevere with it though as in amongst all the negative stuff written about Venlafaxine there are many people who have had great results from it - i live in hope

Graham

sally121
01-06-09, 16:46
hi
i was on that for depression and it made me so ill that i had to stop takin it as i had two small children to look after but keep trying with it for awhile and if it doesnt improve go bak to yr doctors
sally