PDA

View Full Version : Another test

helen__w
31-08-05, 11:35
Hi

I saw the consultant today who reasssured me everything was fine with the endoscopy but he wants to send me for another test. I cant spell it but it begins with O and they put a camera up your nose and ask you to swallow :( Apparently its to see if my swallowing is working properly.

I thought that today would be the end of things and I would be able to concentrate on my eating but now I am going to still have the nagging feeling that something is wrong and who knows how long I will have to wait for the test!

So far I've had chest x-ray, barium swallow and endoscopy and they have all been clear I just hope that this will be too! Do you think if it was anything major they would have discovered it by now?

Sorry to whinge on!

Helen x

tattybear
31-08-05, 12:21
Hi Helen,

First off, i know how you are feeling -what with having tests etc. Ive been told by the hospital after tests etc that I have an imbalance in my ear and mite need physio, but after an mri scan was clear i just got a letter saying no furth appointment is needed :(

But Nigel is right - if there was a problem, they wouldve found it by now. They are obviously just carrying out thir job properly and dfoing further tests - which when they come back clear should put your mind at rest.

I know its horrible going through tests - but stay postive - nothing has been found wrong yet & hopfulyt this will be the last test & it will help you move forward.

Do you know when the next test is?

Tatty B xx

SPAM
31-08-05, 12:26
HI HELEN,SEEMS AS THOUGH YOU`RE GOING THROUGH A ROUGH PATCH JUST NOW PET-I`M SORRY TO HEAR THIS-BUT PLEASE DON`T CONFUSE WHINGING WITH ANXIETY OK-DON`T KNOCK YOURSELF OUT OVER THE HOSPITALS NEGLECT TO ANSWER YOUR PROBLEMS TO "YOUR" SATISFACTION AND UNDERSTANDING OK!
I`M NOT A YOUNG MAN-BUT NOT QUITE A WRINKLY YET-IN MY YOUTH-YES CAN JUST REMEMBER OK!-I WAS A /AM A QUALIFIED NURSE-ONE OF MY ACHIEVED LABELS-AND I AM PROBABLY THE WORLDS WORST PATIENT-I KNOW WHAT`S COMING NEXT!
AT PRESENT-THOUGH I HAVE NO SYMPTOMOTOLOGY-PAIN/DISCOMFORT ETC-I HAVE AN APP`T FOR A LIVER BIOPSY AND AN ENDOSCOPY!
I HAVE TOLD THE PRESENT /PAST DR`S/MR`S THAT UNLESS THEY "ASK" A PATIENT AT END OF APP`T-ARE YOU CONCERNED IN ANY WAY/DO YOU FULLY UNDERSTAND AND ARE OK ABOUT ALL-THEN THEY ARE CAUSING ANOTHER PROBLEM THAT WE CAN DO WITHOUT-ANXIETY ABOUT WHAT WE DON`T KNOW-HUMAN NATURE TO QUESTION-AND AT END OF DAY-UNINTENTIONAL MAYBE BUT SCAREMONGERING JUST THE SAME!
MOSTLY IS REASON OF TIME EACH PATIENT IS ALLOTTED-DON`T BE RUSHED IN FUTURE LITTLE ONE-I`M GUESSING!-WHICH IS EVEN MORE REASON TO SPEND TIME WITH YOU RE:EXPLAINING!
WHEN I WAS NURSING-I TOOK AS LONG AS IT TOOK-THESE DAYS AS LONG AS THEY`VE GOT-BUT EVEN IF HE MISSES HIS MORNING COFFEE/BISCUITS-TOUGH!-DON`T LET THEM HURRY YOU OUT-YOUR EMOTIONS HAVE A BEARING ON YOUR HEALTH OK-TELL THEM THIS!
ALSO A GOOD TIP-WRITE DOWN BEFORE YOU GO-RE:TREATMENT-WHY-WHAT FOR-RESULTS-WHAT THEY MEAN-BE A PAIN IN THE BEHIND-IT`S YOUR BODY THAT KEEPS THEM IN WORK OK!
PLUS LASTLY RE:ANYTHING SERIOUS-JUST AS I RE:NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE GOING INTO NURSING RE: STATE OF NHS AND PRIVATE SECTOR-THEY HAVE TO PRACTICE ON SOMEONE-BUT THAT`S ME-YOU! ARE A DIFFERENT MATTER PET AS ONE SO YOUNG THEY ARE JUST RULING OUT EVERYTHING RE: TESTS-YOUTH IS A PRECIOUS THING-ILL OR WELL!-AND RE: YOUR FEARS,THE LAST THING THEY/ANY HOSPITAL ADMINISTRATOR WANTS/NEEDS IS A COMPLAINT FROM YOUR PARENT/S-OR A LAWSUIT RE: NEGLIGENCE IN NOT INFORMING PATIENT OF "ANYTHING" DEEMED NECCESSARY OK!
NOW MY COFFEE IS COLD-AN EXCUSE FOR ANOTHER `EH-THANKS!!
NOW-SMILE BECAUSE IT MAKES PEOPLE WONDER WHAT YOU`VE BEEN UP TO-AND IT TAKES LESS ENERGY THAN TO FROWN OK!
I KNOW EASIER TO SAY PETAL-BUT PLEASE DON`T GET YOURSELF IN A TWIST-ALL UNFOLDS IN LIFE AS IT`S MEANT TO-NOT ALWAYS AS WE WANT IT TO-EITHER WAY-WORRYING NEVER ALTERED THE OUTCOME!
H.A.N.D NOW OK!-HOPE I`VE HELPED IN SOME WAY-TALK TO YOUR PARENT/S -SOMETIMES AS A PARENT-WE`RE TOO SCARED TO BRING UP OUR CHILDS HEALTH-TEND TO LEAVE TO DRS ETC-BACK TO SQUARE ONE!
KETTLE BOILED-ENJOY REST OF DAY!
IN FRIENDSHIP!
TREVOR.

AGORAPHOBIC AND TOTALLY ALONE IN STRANGE ENVIRONMENT WILL SOMEBODY TELL ME HOW TO INTRODUCE MYSELF/SITUATION PLEASE1

cam
07-09-05, 02:06
hey helen ive had the bariam thing to tastes mad an makes u burb. and the camera up my nose and down my throat its not that bad. im sure youll be fine, think the docs go through all the test just to put your mind at ease, youll be fine;) oh and by the way get your damn pc sorted:Dhehe take care

Meg
07-09-05, 05:34
Helen,

You had made great headway in starting to eat jackets spuds. If you really had a big issue with your swallowing reflex that would not have been physically possible.

Hold on to what has been working as well and keep that active in your mind.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

helen__w
07-09-05, 22:51
Thanks Meg - soon after writing this I decided to make a BIG effort with my eating and it is paying off as you say otherwise I wouldnt be able to eat what I have - its just a matter of building up my confidence now!

Cam - thanks for your msg - u know I just love to 'pretend' my comp is dodgy! lol

Helen x

Meg
07-09-05, 23:09
Good one Helen ..

It so hard to get it going but you are getting there .

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?