PDA

View Full Version : My name is Sam. I have Agateophobia.

snicker_n_snark
29-05-09, 07:12
Wow, that title is very "group therapy". Lol!
But it's simple and straight to the point, so I like it.
As I said, my name is Sam. I'm a 21 year old girl. And I like books.
I like 'em alot.
I've already gotten a lot of reassurance from the tips on this site, so I'll be coming here often.
As for my phobia, I'm pretty sure I've found the original trigger.
It was stupid that I did it in the first place, but you know what they say...
Yeah, I can't think of any clever saying right now. But you know what I mean. We all do dumb things.
In short, I smoked some pot. Had a bad trip.
Well...not a BAD trip, just...disturbing.
And after that, I developed a severe anxiety.
I fear going insane.
Not like, "Lizzie Borden took and ax" crazy.
More like, "OMG! Time and reality and perception are an illusion and I'm only a figment of my own imagination and my brain is going to think in fearful circles for the rest of my LIFE! I'll be comatose and drooling in my own horrific like panic-filled mind world and no one will UNDERSTAND!!!"
Kinda like that.
It sucks hardcore.
But I'm trying to cope.
It's easy to keep away from weed. But sometimes the feeling just pops up without the trigger. It's like know that I know what it's like, I can do it without weed.
And that would be cool, if it was a GOOD thing. Like feeling full without eating a Big Mac. Or feeling happy and satisfied without smoking a cigarette.
But no. It had to be lame and terrifying.
So yeah. That's me and my terror.
I'm glad I joined. I think I'll like it here.

Jibber-jabber
29-05-09, 09:29
Hi Sam
I am also new just joined yesterday, look forward to getting to know you. Sorry to hear of your bad experience and thank you for being able to share. I have been to a few forums but this one seems comfortable. bye for now

duskess
29-05-09, 19:16
Hello Sam, Welcome to NMP , glad you found the site , lots of advice and understanding here , take care :welcome: d x

suzy-sue
29-05-09, 21:29
Hi Sam and :welcome: to this great site.Youll get lots of support and information here .Take care Luv Sue x