PDA

View Full Version : dizziness/ labrinthitus

lifesabeach
29-05-09, 08:56
Hi
Been on Citalopram 20mg for almost 8 months and still have times when getting out of bed or even turning where by I get very dizzy to the point at times when standing up i fall over. This only seems to happen on a morning, had my ears checked and mentioned to GP who did not seem too concerned. i have read the side effects bit on the leaflet and worry as now I feel 100% better if these feelings will increase when i try to reduce the dose.

Has anyone had the feeling of the room spinning that been citalopram induced and not drink? Any tips please would be welcome

lifes

debbiele
15-06-09, 20:41
i suffer from vertigo/labrinthitus, and have been on citalpram for 3 days and its alot stronger, im dizzy feeling sick, totally wiped out feeling dopey. if i move i feel drunk an gonna pass out. gp said it was common and could take weeks b4 i feel better, but take it in the day and if it makes me drowsy take it at night. so i did and fell asleep lovely then awoke half way through with anxiety attacks which i never had b4. but im gonna stick with it and see how it goes, but this is a normal side effect, read ur instructions to see what is normal and waht is rare. ps its the first time iv ever taken medication, apart from antibiotics. so personally id say its normal x