PDA

View Full Version : Excess saliva and swalowing

jessieblue
29-05-09, 16:55
Hi everyone, my brain's at it again!! Sat in the garden enjoying the sun, I had marinated some salmonin lime juice and could still smell it on my fingers, this led my mouth to water a bit. Suddenly I starting thinking what if, maybe there is something wrong, maybe I am going to vomit (I have a vomit phobia) Why is this happening and so on. I knew I sopuldn't think about it as it was causing my anxiety to rise, but just couldn't switch off!! Now been making more saliva and swallowing for 2 hours!! What is wrong with me? Anyone elsehad this, is itjust my mind laying games again? Just need some reassurance to get myself together! God this HA is a horrible thing, it can pick any random problem and fcus right in on it> The thing is I know I am doing it and where it will go, but just can't stop it! Thank god for this site at least people here understand. Please help guys, don't want another grim weekend!

j2
29-05-09, 17:24
It is like you said, you focus on it and now it seems horrible. I do this all the time. I am sure you are fine and I am sure you don't think you are. I am sorry for this. For me, I distract myself with a funny movie that I know doesn't have anything, not even a mention or a scene, about disease, death or even an actor who died of cancer or someother malady. When my brain is distracted, the "symptom" is gone. As for your symptom, some people get dry mouth while others over produce saliva when they are anxious. It sounds like you have the latter.

Good luck

jessieblue
29-05-09, 22:14
Thanks J2. I just flipped out over this today, I know I am doing it to myself but can't get a hold of myself! I am now feeling sick because of it and I have a phobia of vomiting!! I don't think I am going to have a good night!

nataliean1982
30-05-09, 00:02
i do this too. when i seen it as a symptom of something then i started paying attention to it and then it all went wrong. it felt like i had extra saliva and i was swallowing all the time. it got to just be a bad habit. i am still dealing with it.