PDA

View Full Version : Am So fed up now

Elaine19825
29-05-09, 22:00
Hi guys,

Please help! I've been struggling with very bad panic for about a year now. I have been taking propanolol (10mg x3 day) since about Sept and Diazepam for quite a bit of the time as well.

Was so proud of myself cos stopped taking D for 7 weeks but had an awful panic attack today and just could not control the feelings and just had to take it. Am so sad and frustrated with myself. Thought i was stronger but i am just feeling so week.

My mum passed away a few years ago and to be honest have not been right since. She's been gone 5 years now and i can't seem to get my confidence back, i always worry i'm going to go the same way and worry if she was in pain and scared when it happened (she was alone at home at the time). I was only 20 when it happened and i just dont feel i'm ever going to be get over this fear and constant anxiety/panic. I feel ill with it most days and it's exhausting. I exercise daily (cross trainer for 20-30 mins) and walk my dog and take my propanolol but nothing helps. I have hypno regularly and have tried acupuncture, counselling, reflex - basically all the alternative thearpies. It's costing me a fortune and i just feel like nothing i do fixes it. I'm in constant pain with neck and shoulders from the tension which causes dizzyness and ringing in my ears - which again costs loads in chiropractic care.

Sorry for the rant guys, thanks for reading. I am just feeling low and really have tried so much self help to get well. I know these things are time bound but i can't go on like this. It's ruining my like.

Any advice

Thanks xxx

gemma.l
29-05-09, 22:41
Don't be so hard on yourself! Yes you took a propanolol because you felt you needed it. But what about them 7 weeks you didn't take them for? That's amazing and must have made you feel great. Panic attacks are scary things and if you needed the tablets then that's fine! At least you know you are strong enough to come off them even if its only for 7 weeks.. just try and get longer and longer and thats a great achievement :).
As for all the things your trying to get rid of these panic attacks you seem like a really determined person. I am taking counselling and every time I go I feel so much better about myself. Give it time and hopefully it will work. Just don't be so hard on yourself! Well done for trying to keep yourself focused and getting yourself out the house.. keep on going. :) x

Meewah
29-05-09, 22:51
Hi

Don't give up trying. Time is a great healer. I lost my father last year and I had to learn how to deal with my own Mortality. Everything was going great and then bang your life seems turned upside down.

I started exploring philosophical routes and discovered Buddhism which most of the ideas have helped greatly. I have to say each to there own, I could not get the idea of a god or something as I am a scientific type of person. The meditation has given me a skill to use whenever I need to bring me down to a relaxed state. The talks about suffering have helped learn new ways of dealing with the world and the best thing it costs very little.

I have to say all the paid for therapy seems to have limited effect and I always had the little worry that people where just taking advantage of fragile people and making money.

Keep a open mind. When I first started with these anxiety symptoms I told my wife I would throw everything at it to beat it. I feel I nearly have and I am 50% better. I can live with the other 50%.

Hope you all the best for the future and dont forget you WILL get better.

Mee