PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram thinning blood?

lindzanne
30-05-09, 09:20
Does anyone know if citalopram thins your blood? I remember reading a lot about the side effects and to stop taking it if you had unusual bruising, and to not mix it with other stuff for bleeding issues. So Im not having unusual bruising, just bruising a lot easier, finding all kinds of little light grey bruises since i upped my dose from 20 mg to 40. I remember getting light bruises when i first started it too. And no I am not obsessively checking myself, just happened to notice and then my husband told me he saw a few on my back legs and rear! So just wondering if anyone knew anything about it.
Thanks! :)

Hereford Al
31-05-09, 02:03
Yeah, I seem to have been getting heavier nosebleeds since starting Citalopram. I usually get them this time of year, but for some reason they seem to have been worse than usual.

kt79
02-06-09, 12:55
I was just about to start a thread on this. Yes i am also bruising easily on my legs and my gums bleed easily. I also do not remember this being listed as a side effect. Has anybody got any information or advice regerding this matter?????